LATEST: AppYet v4.2.6 Released

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Hello I have done the update of the apk and I still see this version v4.0.25. I don't think it's the new version
Hello Mark,

v4.0.25 is the latest version which was published on Dec 1st, 2022. If your app was build and published after Dec 1st, 2022, then you are good, if it is prior, please upgrade your app to latest.

Marc

Hi, @appyet! Thank you very much for updating the information on how to solve the error when updating an old application on Google Play. I'm going to proceed to update my apps. Do you plan to update the version of AppYet in the short term (especially to update libraries)?

Update: I just saw that it looks like there will be a new version soon. I would like to make a small request: Please, would it be possible to translate the privacy and cookies popup that appears when starting the app? Currently, it is only in English and is not very functional for those territories with other languages. Thank you!

Last edited:

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Hi, @appyet! Thank you very much for updating the information on how to solve the error when updating an old application on Google Play. I'm going to proceed to update my apps. Do you plan to update the version of AppYet in the short term (especially to update libraries)?

Update: I just saw that it looks like there will be a new version soon. I would like to make a small request: Please, would it be possible to translate the privacy and cookies popup that appears when starting the app? Currently, it is only in English and is not very functional for those territories with other languages. Thank you!
We are updating AppYet with latest version of support libraries. Also we are implementing Google official GDPR, it should fix the privacy and cookie popup translation issue.

Marc

We are updating AppYet with latest version of support libraries. Also we are implementing Google official GDPR, it should fix the privacy and cookie popup translation issue.

@appyet Great, thank you very much! Sounds really good.

For this new version, could you review the PDF download functionality from WebView? Currently, users who click on a PDF link find that the app does nothing, neither displaying the document nor downloading it.

I also take this opportunity to ask a question. I have an RSS module in the app with several feeds on it. None of them include photos in their posts, but I would like to add a default image for each feed (I say this especially so that it is shown in the list of posts), so that the cover image of each post is the one I have configured in its corresponding feed. The goal is to quickly differentiate which feed each news item is from. Would it be possible to configure it with the extra HTML code in the header? Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited:

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
@appyet Great, thank you very much! Sounds really good.

For this new version, could you review the PDF download functionality from WebView? Currently, users who click on a PDF link find that the app does nothing, neither displaying the document nor downloading it.

I also take this opportunity to ask a question. I have an RSS module in the app with several feeds on it. None of them include photos in their posts, but I would like to add a default image for each feed (I say this especially so that it is shown in the list of posts), so that the cover image of each post is the one I have configured in its corresponding feed. The goal is to quickly differentiate which feed each news item is from. Would it be possible to configure it with the extra HTML code in the header? Thank you very much in advance!
Hi Marc,

Does your feed contain podcasts or articles? can you create one feed per module which means you will have multiple modules, each you could set the Launcher icon for it. Please explain if this is not what you are looking for
1694985720963.png

Marc

Hi Marc,

Does your feed contain podcasts or articles? can you create one feed per module which means you will have multiple modules, each you could set the Launcher icon for it. Please explain if this is not what you are looking for
View attachment 2488
Hi, @appyet! In the RSS module where I would like to have this function, you can see the incidents of the metro service of a city. There are 12 lines in total, and each of them has an RSS feed (right now, I think it is not feasible to make a module for each feed, because there are many and the app has many more functions).

Unfortunately, the operator of the service and creator of these RSS feeds has not configured any way to differentiate which line each incident is from, making it difficult for the app user to see it. What I want to do is to be able to configure the logo of each line as the cover photo in its corresponding feed in AppYet, so that each post would have the logo of its line as an image.

As a conclusion, I think it would be the creation of a new field in each feed called "Fallback image", which is the image to display if there is no photo in the article.

Last edited:

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Hi, @appyet! In the RSS module where I would like to have this function, you can see the incidents of the metro service of a city. There are 12 lines in total, and each of them has an RSS feed (right now, I think it is not feasible to make a module for each feed, because there are many and the app has many more functions).

Unfortunately, the operator of the service and creator of these RSS feeds has not configured any way to differentiate which line each incident is from, making it difficult for the app user to see it. What I want to do is to be able to configure the logo of each line as the cover photo in its corresponding feed in AppYet, so that each post would have the logo of its line as an image.

As a conclusion, I think it would be the creation of a new field in each feed called "Fallback image", which is the image to display if there is no photo in the article.

Thank you Marc for the detail. Please let us know your package name for the app you described.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Between 2023-09-15 to 2023-09-18, due to hardware issues, AppYet build servers were restored with the wrong AppYet Template version (not the latest version). If your apps were built between those two dates, please rebuild your app ASAP with 4.1.26 and publish a new release to Play Store.

---------------------
4.1.26: (2023-09-19)
---------------------
- Fixed: All apps were built between 2023-09-15 to 2023-09-18 (Inclusive) were using older version template instead of latest version (4.0.25).

All apps were built before 2022-12-01 or later than 2023-09-15 should upgrade to this version

Also follow this post to resolve Flurry SDK Policy Issue

Last edited:

Rinku kaushik

Admob ads in my app not show since 22 September because mobile ads SDK not implemented (according to me). Please fix this.
And I want push notification but upgrade app not work.

Toufik

@appyet ... FIXE THIS SOON PLZ

Votre appli comporte une version de SDK non conforme

قوانين جزائرية
قوانين جزائرية
25 nov. 2022 17:58
Votre appli com.dz.law (code de version 145) inclut le SDK com.flurry.android:analytics, ou un SDK dont l'une de vos bibliothèques dépend, qui collecte des données utilisateur sensibles ou à caractère personnel pouvant ne pas se limiter aux identifiants Android ID, Advertising ID. Nous n'autorisons pas l'association des identifiants permanents d'appareils aux données utilisateur sensibles ou à caractère personnel ni aux identifiants d'appareils réinitialisables, comme décrit dans le Règlement sur les données utilisateur.

jimgate07

Does anyone know why when I update my app the images of the modules are missing (only video modules pictures appear) and the only way to fix this is to clear the storage data of the app to work. Please someone help!