Feeds feature for apps

features preferance

• Total voters
We create app from feeds that can be in any language. Will there be any way we can have the translate on the text in the app itself instead of opening in the browser?

Please add addition permission for the app like using the camera, load images, location which we can use the web module to make more useful functions for the app. Maybe feeds can have option to be viewed by some location only.

I get feeds for facebook, instagram, weibo through rss feed of 3rd party. The rss feed include image of the profile follow by the image. This cause the feed to show the profile image instead of the posted image and the feed cannot use grid, card or magazine views as it will display all the profile image. Anyway we can choose to display the right image to display?

I managed to get feeds from instagram hashtag but there is problem when I have multiple hashtags. example I have 2 feeds for #abc and #def in a module. And when the instagram is posted with #abc and #def, this post will appear twice and it's not friendly to the view.

Some control on the feed like the header and limit the text to display. When there are more than 1 image in the feed, we can choose not to display the first image which is the profile.

My apps are as below
com.poshr.prince.mediacorp
com.poshr.lee.kuan.yew
com.poshr.sg.transport

Last edited:
@appyet It's great to have many languages support in the app but do you realise that the content of feeds and forum does not follow the language and it's fixed. So having all the language support is only useful if the content can translate together which is another tough question as translate does not give accurate result.

@appyet I'm using websta to pull instagram photos but there are few issues.
1. It does not get the posted date correctly
2. It's showing the profile image on article list instead of the posted image
3. When there is a long text, the article list become very long. Anyway we can limit the header text?
4. It will be prefered to show the posted image only or place the profile image below the posted image.
Is there anyway we can customize how the rss feed will show?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poshr.lee.kuan.yew

Marc

What kind of push notification are you looking for?
@appyet I'd like that from the Appyet web could write a sentence, and automatically appears on all devices with my application.

Also, I could try new notifications. When there is only one article, instead of saying that there is only one new item, you can say the title of the post directly?

I have used como.com and they have push notification where user will receive a pop up message when they open the app. Much like What's new but it's more like a quick message. On advanced setting, you can push notification to an area only instead of all users. We can use this is engage with user better by sending short message, announcement, promotion and things like that.

http://www.como.com/tutorials/app-marketing/send-push-notifications/

@appyet Maybe this will be useful to you.
https://developers.google.com/cloud-messaging/android/start

Last edited: