Android 4.1.1 ... too old for this?

DjSeby

Installed the app on several devices with android 4.1.1 and all behave the same way : in article, when the ad banner shows, app closes instantly :

Is android 4.1.1 too old for this? :) Also tested on a phone with 4.1.2 and it's working perfectly.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Installed the app on several devices with android 4.1.1 and all behave the same way : in article, when the ad banner shows, app closes instantly :

Is android 4.1.1 too old for this? :) Also tested on a phone with 4.1.2 and it's working perfectly.
Looking into it. very strange. we are emailing you latest apk, please try it out and report back if it also happens on latest dev apk on 4.1.1

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Looking into it. very strange. we are emailing you latest apk, please try it out and report back if it also happens on latest dev apk on 4.1.1
anyone else has 4.1.1 devices? please help test as well. does it only happen on Article View screen? do you have forum module if so, can you open forum article which also have Ad. I like to narrow it down to see if it is caused by Ad or something else

DjSeby

I don't have forum article in my app, but if I checked the show banner ad on article list (I don't need ads there, it was for test) it worked. Only on article view happened... Tested on different tablets (7", 8", 10", all with 4.1.1) even on a Motorola Defy with a 4.1.1 custom rom :)

And I noticed something that might help : on article view if I scroll the article up & down till the banner shows, it stays on :) no more closing, but you have to be quick...

L.E. : Same closing if I checked the show Ad on a web module.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
How about Ad on Article List (not the Article View), does it cause crash?

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Done, unfortunately it crashes on forum module too...
Uninstall the Dev app and reinstall the latest Dev app again. wait for it to finish sync, then do the same test. we have Removed the Ad. try to test the app to see if app crash without Admob

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Uninstall the Dev app and reinstall the latest Dev app again. wait for it to finish sync, then do the same test. we have Removed the Ad. try to test the app to see if app crash without Admob
have you received latest Dev app in email?

DjSeby

Yes, installing now, but I already tried my app without admob and it works, no crashes.

Dev app works too, without admob.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
try again with uninstall and reinstall your app, the Ad should show this time

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
do your app crash in previous version 3.1.8 or older of AppYet? if you don't have older version app from AppYet, please let us know.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
do you have non-tablet android 4.1.1? does it crash as well on phone 4.1.1?

DjSeby

I worked from 3.1.8 to the latest version, and on android 4.1.1 was the same crash. I have a motorola defy phone with 4.1.1 (also crashes when ads shows).

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
due to it is Admob cause the crash, it is probably not possible for AppYet to fix it.

do you know how to use "adb logcat", if you are Android Developer, then you can help us by getting into the system log to see why app crashed.