Zip Align Error

Ngunjiri

Play Store is giving me the following error when I try to upload my app.

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is not zip aligned. You will need to run a zip align tool on your APK and upload it again.

Please advice.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
we have updated zip align tool in 3.1.3, please rebuild and report back if issue has been resolved

Ngunjiri

I have rebuilt my app with the new template 3.1.3, and tried to upload it to Google Play but it has still responded with same error:

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is not zip aligned. You will need to run a zip align tool on your APK and upload it again.

I have rebuilt my app with the new template 3.1.3, and tried to upload it to Google Play but it has still responded with same error:

Upload failed
??
Have you unzipped the file delivered?

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member

Upload failed
The zip file you received, you need to unzip it, then you will see a .APK file, you upload .APK file to google play, not the .zip file

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AppYet Forum Test

Ngunjiri

My bad. I was using my Chromebook and I've discovered it wasn't unzipping the file.

That solved it. Thanks.