Issue found: Invalid Data safety section

stefano64

Hi guys, doing some research I saw that other users have reported this problem. I asked Google support for some more information and this was the answer. I hope it can help the Happyet Team to solve quickly.

Hi Stefano,
Thanks for contacting the Google Play Team.
Status: App available on Google Play with policy violations
I’ve reviewed your appeal request and found that your app, News - Baseball Italia (com.baseball.italian.news), is not compliant with Google Play Policy. Your app will be published to Google Play, but a compliant version of your app must be submitted by July 20, 2022, or you will no longer be able to publish app updates.
Step 1: Review the policy violation with your app
During review, we found that your app is not compliant with the Data safety section of our User Data policy. All apps are required to complete an accurate Data safety section that disclose their data collection practices - this is a requirement even if your app does not collect any user data.
We reviewed your Data safety section and found discrepancies between your disclosure and app behavior. For example, we found the following data types sent off device that were not yet disclosed:
  • Data Safety Section: Device Or Other IDs Data Type - Device Or Other IDs (some common examples may include Advertising ID, Android ID, IMEI, BSSID)
  • App Bundle Version: 248
Please make changes to align your app’s Data safety section with the app’s behavior. This can be done by either:
  • Updating your form in Play Console to declare collection of Data Types noted above; or
  • Removing functionality and attributable code that collect this user data from your app or libraries used in your app.
Please update your app to fix this issue. You may also want to double check that your app complies with all other Developer Program Policies.
Step 2: Submit a compliant update by July 20, 2022
Once you’re ready to submit a compliant version of your app:
  1. Review the Data safety section of our User Data policy and double check that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies.
  2. Sign in to Play Console and complete or update the Data safety section form in the App content page (Policy > App content).
    - or -
    Remove the functionality and attributable code that collect this user data from your app or libraries used in your app.
    • Please make sure to deactivate any non-compliant APKs. To do this, you can create a new release and upload a compliant APK to each track containing the non-compliant APKs. Be sure to increment the APK version code. If using staged rollout, be sure to set the release to 100% rollout.
  3. Submit your app for review.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for working with us to fix the policy issue and for your continued support of Google Play.
Regards,
Miles
The Google Play Team
Please visit the Google Play Developer Policy Center and Google Play's Academy for App Success to learn more about building policy compliant and high quality apps. You can also visit the Android Developers Blog for the latest Android and Google Play news for app and game developers.