Writing an essay reflection: a detailed guide for students and applicants

" forneims1963"

60d574d67ab658cb0a2d3d30_5dcc4574c42ae28403a7e52f_scale_вавава1200 (1).jpg

Everyone needs the ability to think coherently and logically. Composing thinking is an amazingly effective exercise for this skill. How to learn how to write reflection essays, how to build a work plan and what an example of a high-quality reflection essay looks like - later in the text.

WHAT IS AN ESSAY REFLECTION

A reflection essay is a special type of text with a clear structure in which a problem is formulated, causal relationships are communicated and comprehended, which in turn form the basis for a conclusion.

STRUCTURE OF THE ESSAY REFLECTIONS

The composition of reflection, respectively, structurally consists of three parts:

- in the Introduction, the thesis and theme of the work are submitted, requiring justification.

- the main part provides arguments: relevant life stories or examples from art or history.

- the Conclusion summarizes the reflection, which may be rhetorical or interrogative, and does not necessarily express a clear position.

A clear structure, consistency, coherence and reasoning is an exhaustive list of requirements for writing a reflection. In all other respects, the genre allows relative freedom of thought and creativity.

HOW IS WRITING A MEDITATION DIFFERENT FROM WRITING A DESCRIPTION AND NARRATORY

First of all, these works differ in the purpose of the statement. If the story should have a clear plot and actions, and the description should contain a list of general and specific features of a phenomenon, then reflection should contain a statement that requires justification and explanation.

For writing a description, a static situation is characteristic, for a story - events, actions and changes in time, and for reflection, time is not at all the key. In a reflection essay, the content is determined by its author, while in a description or narrative, the genre determines the content to a certain extent.

TYPES OF COMPOSITION REFLECTIONS

The composition of reflection can take on various genre forms, since its structure is the basis of almost any analytical and journalistic texts. So, an essay thinking can be an essay:

1. reasoning,

2. reflection on a public topic,

3. reflection on a moral topic,

4. reflection on the basis of one's own experience,

5. essay,

6. review,

7. a discussion message.

WHAT VOLUME SHOULD BE AN ESSAY REFLECTION

For essays that form the basis of one's own statements for examinations in language and literature, it is advised that they contain at least 6 paragraphs, one each for introduction and conclusion, and the remaining four for arguments, allusions and references.

As for the essays that students prepare, teachers themselves determine the desired length, so ask them about it. What can be said for sure is that a reflection essay cannot contain less than three paragraphs: Introduction, Main body and Conclusion are the key parts.

Teachers also recommend a convenient formula for calculating the length of various structural parts of an essay. Introduction and Conclusion should be one third (⅓) of the work. Accordingly, the Main part, containing arguments, accounts for ⅔ of the total volume.

WHY WOULD YOU KNOW TO WRITE AN ESSAY?

First of all, the ability to write essays of reflection significantly improves the skill of abstract thinking, analysis and synthesis of information. Therefore, by writing works of reflection, you not only exercise the ability to speak coherently, transparently and thoroughly, but also strengthen and develop your critical thinking.

In addition, the reflection essays prepared by schoolchildren will become the basis for the successful passing of the UPE in the Ukrainian language and literature in the future. The personal statement that each UPE participant must write is a typical example of a reflection composition, as it has a similar structure, goals and artistic means.

That is why being able to write works is important for every person, regardless of the chosen profession. If you do not feel a talent for this activity, then do not rush to give up, because this is exactly the case where experience and training are more important than natural talent. Those who seek to improve their writing skills should practice as often as possible. If necessary, you can attach an experienced teacher to the work, who will be able to suggest and improve the written works. Also, if you don't have time or opportunity, you can always get essays online. Hundreds of professional authors are always ready to help you in this matter.

Reflections are of particular importance for those who plan to connect their lives with texts, philosophy, philology or linguistics. It is this genre that will become an indispensable component and basic skill of the profession. The ability to independently build logical connections and argue your opinion is necessary not only for your works, reviews or essays, but also in order to analyze the outstanding works of other writers, poets, thinkers and artists.

HOW TO WRITE AN ESSAY REFLECTION: WHAT IS THE THESIS AND HOW TO FORM IT

1. First, formulate a statement that will form the basis of the work. It should express agreement, disagreement or hesitation about a certain situation, phenomenon or other work.

2. Think about what your attitude to the topic of the work is based on. Ask yourself “Why do I think this way, and not vice versa?”, “How can I convince a person of opposite positions that I am right?”. Perhaps this is one of the most difficult stages in writing a work, but finding arguments and cases to describe can be an interesting process. If nothing comes to mind in response to the questions above, the following list of sources for arguments may help:

- recall a personal experience or a story you have heard from other people.

- think about literary and non-fiction texts, TV shows, blogs and other sources of opinion related to your topic

- look for works of art in your memory that confirm your opinion or are a good metaphor for it. We are talking about movies, TV shows and cartoons, as well as paintings, photographs or even musical works. Art can be an important argument, and be careful with your choice. At the same time, it is so voluminous and multifaceted that even in one of your favorite films you can find many arguments for different topics.

3. When choosing arguments, make sure that they are logical, specific, relevant to your topic, and at least a little diverse. This will enrich your writing. For example:

- historical events and figures can be an excellent example of an expressive and strong argument;

- examples from fiction show the author's education and enrich the essay.

- examples from life add dynamics to the text and psychologically seem to bring the reader closer to the topic and the author's position

4. Make a short outline of the work. Firstly, it will make it easier to work with the essay further, and secondly, it may lead to some new opinions or arguments. Add a key thesis to each structural unit in the plan. Perhaps it is these lines of the draft that will become the main points of the meaning of your work.

5. Make a detailed draft of the work. Re-read it after a few hours and refine as needed. In this case, you will give your brain time to find more expressive artistic means, more precise words and formulations.

Tammy

Before, I always did my own homework, and I didn't understand why I had to use such services. When I got a job, my opinion quickly changed. I had no time for homework at all, I can recommend you cheap essay writing services, you can follow the link, if your question is still relevant. Customer feedback is positive.

ralphmcmahon

Yeah, I also used to waste my time on homework, but quickly found out that it's better to find a job and spend a portion of money on paper with writing in order to pass my exams. This is a great way for students to explore their profession better.