When Admob banners are active, videos do not play. Help!

Eduardo

I have several apps with videos. They use the native wordpress player.

When the Admob banners are active (almost always), the video play button doesn't work in the articles.

The same videos play well in the Media module.

This is one of the apps: Film Noir Movies

I tried to disable the admob banners from the articles, but I don't think that's possible.

Any suggestion ?

icanehdian

If you don't want banners, change some of the api numbers within your link. For example:

ca-app-pub-4199058192573889/5000887654 >to> ca-app-pub-4199058192573889/5000887999

That way it won't be able to identify an association but you can still move forward building the app.

An alternative is within admob, you have the ability to turn off video banners, regardless of the app monetization but it's finneky in functionality.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I have several apps with videos. They use the native wordpress player.

When the Admob banners are active (almost always), the video play button doesn't work in the articles.

The same videos play well in the Media module.

This is one of the apps: Film Noir Movies

I tried to disable the admob banners from the articles, but I don't think that's possible.

Any suggestion ?
we are looking into your problem.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Your media module works perfectly, why not just use media module instead of Feed module? Media module was intended for Movie/Music/Podcast, Feed intended for News/Articles.

@appyet no se usar el modulo de media no funciona para publicar canales de youtube ni videos en blog y la pregunta es será que cada vez que se sube un video en ese modulo habrá que actualizar la aplicacion en la play store?

Eduardo

Your media module works perfectly, why not just use media module instead of Feed module? Media module was intended for Movie/Music/Podcast, Feed intended for News/Articles.

I'm using the Media module as you said. Works GREAT. Will be possible to have Chromecast support for it in the future?
Thanks!!