Use older template...

DjSeby

The new versions (especially 3.1.17) are very "hungry" for RAM, on a device with 1 GB of RAM sometimes the app restarts (full ram). On my device (with 3GB RAM) everything works, but I can't force other users to buy 3GB RAM phones to work with the app.
I tested older builds of the app (on the 1 GB RAM phone) and everything was fine, no restarts.
Will be possible from the build page to go back to an older template, for more compatibility with devices, or fix the "hunger" for RAM?

Anyway, I prefer the older template (like 3.1.8) that produce small size apk's, I use just feeds and web modules that are working just fine on 3.1.8 :)

Vaishali Patel

If anyone knows how to use this older version of appyet, please let ne know. I am a new user to appyet and currently my appsize for rss only app is 10mb..
I want app for gyanexpress.com

Vaishali Patel

Thank you Joseph, Appyet should let users use older api. The benefits are, we can make a standalone (without explore mode) and the appsize will be around 3mb. Latest os doesn't support gingerbread and half of india is still on older devices.

Vaishali Patel

I am a new user. old users who had created app in the past, do they still have access to older v2? means can they modify the rss feed url and app icon in my app section and recompile the apk.
If this is possible and someone is willing to help, please reply.