Please reduce app size

SpiDeRBoY

@appyet
I noticed even we create an empty app , apk size will be larger than 9 MB . It's too much and users will be in trouble for download and install. Most users have phones with low space memory.

I open apk file as zip and i found un used icons and modules. For example even we didn't use Forums in our app , the forum files and icons will put inside apk file .
Please reduce apk size by removing unnecessary files...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Marc

@appyet And if an application does not use any specific module such as Mapbox or Twitter, remove the API. (I do not know if you can)

Marc

@appyet And if an application does not have any RSS module, remove, from the options menu of the application, the notifications, message store and synchronization screens.

And enable a tool to disable languages of the app.

SpiDeRBoY

Don't think so, major release means, more features and more code, I think 10 MB is good enough as an App size!
of course it's not good!
imagine you delete all modules and just use a web module with a simple html code.
app size will be 10 MB like when we used more than 100 modules...

i think reducing app size is not difficult.
just delete modules from apk when we deactivate them in appyet.com (now modules just hide from showing in menu and are not deleted from apk, as forum module images are same and stay in apk even we didn't use forum module)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

joseph raphael

I am with you on excluding forum Module and all its content, images and plugins when not included in the app build.

But this will only reduce about 1MB from the whole APK size.

edwardjmena

Hola creo Que ESTO DEBIDO Posible no sera un Nuevas funcionea de la aplicación y al diseño de material de las. Yo USO ONU metodo Que es extraer, Optimizar y VOVER

Ej Screenshot_2015-08-05-07-35-57.png

Vaishali Patel

i only want RSS module, nothing else. buy still my app size is more than 8 MB, is there any solution on appyet? if there is any other service similar to appyet which can be used to make small sized app, please suggest. www.gyanexpress.com