Issue Play Store notice: "requestLegacyExternalStorage...."

stefano64

For all my Apps, this warning appears on the Play Store:

We've detected that your app contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file of 1 or more of your app bundles or APKs.

Developers with apps on devices running Android 11+ must use Scoped Storage to give users better access control over their device storage. To release your app on Android 11 or newer after May 5th, you must either:

Update your app to use more privacy friendly best practices, such as the Storage Access Framework or Media Store API
Update your app to declare the All files access (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) permission in the manifest file, and complete the All files access permission declaration in Play Console from May 5th
Remove the All files access permission from your app entirely
For apps targeting Android 11, the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag will be ignored. You must use the All files access permission to retain broad access.

Apps requesting access to the All files access permission without a permitted use will be removed from Google Play, and you won't be able to publish updates.

I'm not a programmer, I don't understand the meaning of this message. Can anyone explain to me what is happening and most importantly, what should I do to fix? If I find help in Italian, it would be great because I don't speak English and I use the Google translator

stefano64

Anyone know how to contact the Appyet Development Team? is there an appropriate forum to contact him? At least to make sure they are aware of this! May 5th is very, very close ...

stefano64

try changing the short description avoid using repeated tags
You are an experienced member, suggest YOU tag and short description. Thank you

PS
You don't seem too worried about this problem, maybe you don't have an App on the Play Store? Personally, I have been working these Apps for 4 years and I live with them, losing my salary due to a tag makes me nervous ...

You are an experienced member, suggest YOU tag and short description. Thank you

PS
You don't seem too worried about this problem, maybe you don't have an App on the Play Store? Personally, I have been working these Apps for 4 years and I live with them, losing my salary due to a tag makes me nervous ...

I tell you because it happened to me and I resolved by changing the description that is in the play Store

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_164245.jpg
    IMG_20210422_164245.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 26

Ashpaq S A

Dont Panic the App will not be removed , only if you are updating the App wiith android 11 this issue needs to fixed or else it will be flagged off.

stefano64

Dont Panic the App will not be removed , only if you are updating the App wiith android 11 this issue needs to fixed or else it will be flagged off.
if you tell me not to worry I believe it,
but forgive me... what does "updating the App *with* android 11" mean? I understood that it meant "if the app is downloaded from a device with Android 11, then panic, panic, panic ;) ", but maybe in English (which I don't know) is the meaning different?

I believe that it will only be removed if the application is compiled by the Android 11 SDK ... As our are compiled for the Android 10 SDK, I hope we have no problems ... But I'm already looking for a different solution from APPYET, since apparently the platform was abandoned ...

stefano64

I believe that it will only be removed if the application is compiled by the Android 11 SDK ... As our are compiled for the Android 10 SDK, I hope we have no problems ... But I'm already looking for a different solution from APPYET, since apparently the platform was abandoned ...
FOREWORD for those who know less than me: Android 11 = target SDK 30; Android 10 = target SDK 29. The 'target SDK' is visible in the Play Console by selecting an App - Production - Release - View Release details

If the platform is abandoned, for us the problems are only postponed: from August we will no longer be able to publish new Apps and we will be able to update those already present until November.
After that, our Apps will be permanently removed, as happened a year ago for the App with Target SDK 29 (Android 9), probably in the course of 2022.

All this, unless our Apps are decompilable and our (best) friends include skilled Java programmers and expert developers using Android Studio.

Ashpaq S A

FOREWORD for those who know less than me: Android 11 = target SDK 30; Android 10 = target SDK 29. The 'target SDK' is visible in the Play Console by selecting an App - Production - Release - View Release details

If the platform is abandoned, for us the problems are only postponed: from August we will no longer be able to publish new Apps and we will be able to update those already present until November.
After that, our Apps will be permanently removed, as happened a year ago for the App with Target SDK 29 (Android 9), probably in the course of 2022.

All this, unless our Apps are decompilable and our (best) friends include skilled Java programmers and expert developers using Android Studio.
Again wrong information the app will not be removed , show me were u educated yourself.

stefano64

Again wrong information the app will not be removed , show me were u educated yourself.
I did not say that the APP will be removed, I was afraid it would be removed, then it was explained to me that it is not (and I am very happy about this). Regarding the rest of the speech, on January 13, 2018 on the Play Store all apps with SDK 22 or lower were removed. For me it is enough to fear that these apps, perhaps in 2022, will end up in the same way...