Notification Icon

Eugene

Hi guys,

I realized that for android 5.0 devices, the notification icon of my app comes out as a white circle. I know that this is because android 5.0 reads notification icons as black and white only so any graphic comes out as a white object.

I'd like to ask if anyone has found a way around this?

I know that this has been discussed here and there, but to the best of my knowledge, there seems to be no resolution so that's why I'm asking it here.

Thanks in advance.

/Eugene

joseph raphael

Hi guys,

I realized that for android 5.0 devices, the notification icon of my app comes out as a white circle. I know that this is because android 5.0 reads notification icons as black and white only so any graphic comes out as a white object.

I'd like to ask if anyone has found a way around this?

I know that this has been discussed here and there, but to the best of my knowledge, there seems to be no resolution so that's why I'm asking it here.

Thanks in advance.

/Eugene

This issue has been reported before, AppYet promised to fix it in the future releases, you can found a workaround here http://forum.appyet.com/index.php?threads/dev-demo-notification-icon-suggestions.20/

Eugene

Thanks Joseph. I did see that thread but I didn't quite understand what it meant. Tech noob I am.

Well what I did was to have my app icon set on a transparent background whilst still keeping all the colors. That worked for me since 5.0 reads all colors other than transparent as white so the silhouette comes out nicely.

Hope that helps someone else too.

joseph raphael

Thanks Joseph. I did see that thread but I didn't quite understand what it meant. Tech noob I am.

Well what I did was to have my app icon set on a transparent background whilst still keeping all the colors. That worked for me since 5.0 reads all colors other than transparent as white so the silhouette comes out nicely.

Hope that helps someone else too.

If your icon has a unique shape it will look great as a generic notification icon. I suggested a solution for Appyet that they should allow users to upload their own notification icon to avoid this issue.

Eugene

If your icon has a unique shape it will look great as a generic notification icon. I suggested a solution for Appyet that they should allow users to upload their own notification icon to avoid this issue.
Couldn't agree more, Joseph. Hope it comes out in the next upgrade.
And that will also take away the need to use the blue circle.