LATEST: AppYet v4.2.6 Released

stefano64

Hi,
Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support............
This is the classic way of responding to Google's support: it seems that they explain things, but in reality they don't tell you anything and they leave you to decide what to do, then they will decide whether to ban you or not ...
First of all, I would like to meet a developer who creates an App and decides to block its installations on Devices with Android 11 or higher ...
So, they answered you for the authorization (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) when 'your' Apps (like all Appyet Apps) use a permission deemed obsolete (requestLegacyExternalStorage) and that's the real problem: I understand that if you want to release the your Apps also on Android 11 this permission must be replaced with the new one (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) because the old one is no longer used and, if you don't, the App will be automatically removed from the Play Store.
Having said that, another thing I understood is that AFTER May 5th it will be mandatory to explain (I guess a new form will appear in the App publication tabs) why the permission has been entered (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)

The real problem is that Google uses a language for Developers and Programmers, it doesn't care that you, me, many other publishers, have no knowledge (and therefore we struggle to understand) ... In fact, who should talk to Google it shouldn't be us, but the Appyet development team, who, in my opinion, has long since changed jobs ...

stefano64

but google says inbox : All files access permission without a permitted use will be removed from Google Play, and you won't be able to publish updates.
This is another problem, that is ....

AFTER you have replaced the old permission with the new one (if you don't, I still don't understand what will happen to our Apps ***) you must also explain why you entered this permission and if your explanations are not plausible, then the App will be removed from the Play Store.

*** In theory, for Devices with versions of Android 10 or less, nothing should change, while for Android 11 or higher the App (provided it continues to work) will no longer be able to use the Device memory to store feeds images, etc ... For example, if you also give space to Podcasts in your Apps, I would disable the option of storing the audio file in the setting to be able to listen to it offline ...

Ashpaq S A

{will be removed from Google Play, and you won't be able to publish updates.}

this is very tension time, time has closed & @appyet admin no response any post.
one APP minimum 3 days for updating. its means my all APPS removed... :(
The App will not removed, Please read it its for those who want to update to android 11 after may 5 if you are on staying in current version nothing will happen.

megahz

Just talked with @appyet . Latest version 4.0.17 fixes the problem reported by google in their notice:

We've detected that your app contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file of 1 or more of your app bundles or APKs.

We need to test and verify.

Chào. Với tình hình hiện tại ứng dụng api cấp 29 vẫn chưa được nâng cấp lên cấp 30 thì có thể up lên chợ ứng dụng chplay được không? khi nào @appyet sẽ sửa lỗi này. Tôi không biết liệu tôi có nên mua ứng dụng chuyên nghiệp trong thời gian này không, có ai giúp tôi không ...

Eduardo

URGENT - APP SUSPENDED after update.
@appyet after updating to 4.0.17, received this email from Google and the app was immediately suspended:
Issue with your app
Your app contains content that doesn’t comply with the Device and Network Abuse policy. We found your app is using a non-compliant version of Loan Download SDK which contains code to download or install applications from unknown sources outside of Google Play.

If necessary, you can consult your SDK provider(s) for further information.

Affected Version(s):
APK:47
And in the console I have:

App suspended

Suspended
28 May 2021, 02:46
Reason
Your app, including all previous versions, has been removed from Google Play, and is no longer available for new users to download. Your installs, statistics and ratings for this app have also been removed from Play Console

Alaa Ahmed

@appyet
After a recent review, we found that your app *** (com.) is not compliant with one or more of our Developer Program Policies. See below for more information about your app’s status and how to correct the issue.

Issue with your app​
Your app contains content that doesn’t comply with the Device and Network Abuse policy. We found your app is using a non-compliant version of Loan Download SDK which contains code to download or install applications from unknown sources outside of Google Play.

If necessary, you can consult your SDK provider(s) for further information.

Affected Version(s):
APK:57

About the Device and Network Abuse policy​
An app distributed via Google Play may not modify, replace, or update itself using any method other than Google Play's update mechanism. Likewise, an app may not download executable code (e.g. dex, JAR, .so files) from a source other than Google Play. Please note that you are responsible for all aspects of your app; by using an SDK in your app, you are responsible for how that SDK behaves within your app.

App status: Suspended
Your app has been suspended and removed due to this policy issue

Action required: Publish a new compliant version of your app
Here’s what to do to help get your app on Google Play:
1. Read through the Device and Network Abuse policy for more details.
2. If it’s possible to bring your app into compliance, make appropriate changes to your app. In addition to your Production release, if you have other release types that you use for testing and/or quality assurance checks (e.g. Internal test, Closed, Open), please make sure to update those tracks as well.
3. Double check that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies.
4. Sign in to your Play Console and submit the updated, policy compliant app using a new package name and a new app name.
Please note that additional suspensions of any nature may result in the termination of your Google Play Developer account and related Google Play Developer accounts, as explained in our Enforcement Process. Learn more about policy review outcomes in our Help Center.
Contact support
If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel our decision may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. We’ll get back to you within 2 business days.
Thanks for your continued support in helping to make Google Play a positive experience for both developers and consumers. We look forward to seeing an updated version of your app on Google Play.
Please complete a two question survey to help us improve this experience.

stefano64

URGENT - APP SUSPENDED after update.
@appyet after updating to 4.0.17, received this email from Google and the app was immediately suspended:

And in the console I have:

Same problem, but WITHOUT UPDATE 4.0.17 YET.

I have over 100 apps in the Play Store and they are banning ALL of them.

Most of these have not been updated for months, so in reality this problem is either a 'false positive' or has been around for almost a year.