Image size aspect ratio - RSS Feed Module

Asif

I congratulate on providing such an excellent platform to create Android application. I am ready to upgrade it to premium, however, my application has one issue.
I am using RSS in the Android app to collect all he news from my website. Everything is working fine except that image always seem to be truncated. It seems to me that you have fixed the size of the image in Android app due to which image does not showup in proper way. If you can provide option of aspect ratio of the image during the configuration / app development then I think this will resolve the issue. Can you do it ?
Regards

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I congratulate on providing such an excellent platform to create Android application. I am ready to upgrade it to premium, however, my application has one issue.
I am using RSS in the Android app to collect all he news from my website. Everything is working fine except that image always seem to be truncated. It seems to me that you have fixed the size of the image in Android app due to which image does not showup in proper way. If you can provide option of aspect ratio of the image during the configuration / app development then I think this will resolve the issue. Can you do it ?
Regards
please attach screenshot to show the problem

Asif

Please see the attached screen shot. These are various News along with showing Logos of respective companies. You can see that Logos do not appear completely. This happens to every image whether it is a logo or not. I am also attaching complete logos pics which should actually appear in the RSS News. I think problem is with the aspect ratio adjustment. This option should be available to us in the configuration of thee application. There should also be option whether we want to align the image LEFT ALIGN OR RIGHT ALIGN.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-24-22-08-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-24-22-08-21.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 18
  • logo-Emerson.jpg
    logo-Emerson.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 12
  • logo-Jacobs.jpg
    logo-Jacobs.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 10

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
resize has to happen in order to make image look nicely fit into the imageview (center crop to touch inner border). this image view intented to display thumbnail to give user snapshot of what content image looks like. at this moment, there are no way to display full image, unless the aspect ration match the image view. have you try the Magazine Card layout in Feed Module? it should display most of the logo

Asif

As Image view is not full or proper, it does not look professional. Every thing is perfect in your app except this one. This is one thing thing stoping me to upgrade my account to premium one. I am not asking for full image size. My point is that instead of 1:1 aspect ratio, if you allow i.e 1.5:1 ( width:height) then it will work for me. Such option,if provided, will be good. You may provide 3 to 4 different options in this regard, rather giving free hand to the user.