i want to change Package Name ? google not accepting the existing name

me3ady

i want to change Package Name ? google not accepting the existing name

Package Name:
Alhamra_oman.com

when i uploaded in google play it shows :
Upload failed
Your APK's package name must be in the following format "com.example.myapp". It may contain letters (a-z), numbers, and underscores (_). It must start with a lowercase character. It must be 150 characters or fewer.

my Subscription: Pro

so please change it

me3ady

better to make it as google play request .. like: alhamra.oman.com or alhamra.com etc
i can't create a new application because i have pro app. when i delet it so my pro app. will gone

Last edited:

me3ady

why there is no support for the customers ?????
we paying money , so they have to provide support

SpiDeRBoY

You can't change package name . But i have another solution for you
Create a new app . When you want to create a new app there is an option that let you to choose a template for your new app from your existing apps .
Put this option on your previous app . You will see all of your opinions copying to new app

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Marc

If you want to rename the package, you can do so by sending an email to the following address: appyet@gmail.com

And I publish it again in the store.

It is another step you can take.

me3ady

i sent email to them but the didn't change it
they asked me to create a new app but my app is Pro . not lite .. i already paid it
and if i do that i will lose my pro account
so to solve this .. they have to change it .. or move the pro account the the new app.

joseph raphael

i emailed them through appyet@gmail.com
but no body reply !!

You can do it by a little extra work from your end instead of waiting for someone to do it for you!

Just Create a New App -> choose old app package name as template -> apply some minor changes that won't be copied (Module icons - app settings - App icon - App header photo... etc) then set the monetizing tab setting, hit build and wait.

keep the old app as a backup on appyet dashboard.

me3ady

please understand me
i know how to do it
but I'm not talking about creating the new app
my exist app. in appyet is Pro type (i paid 50$ to remove Ads)
so when i create the new app. so i will lose my Pro account , so the new package name will not include remove Ads

joseph raphael

please understand me
i know how to do it
but I'm not talking about creating the new app
my exist app. in appyet is Pro type (i paid 50$ to remove Ads)
so when i create the new app. so i will lose my Pro account , so the new package name will not include remove Ads

Oh ok, I didn't notice you are have a Pro subscription. you will need for the admin to rename your package.

I will also point out to @appyet to prevent users from entering Uppercase letters as a package name.

Last edited:

me3ady

5 days without any support ! No change in package name !
We paid money for the subscription

If it's too difficuilt for you to solve my problem .. give my momey back to
boob222@gmail.com