How updates work?

Shlomi

Suppose I have in the app 20 RSS The question is if I set in the app to check updates every 5 minutes .. it means the server may crash because of this .. is not it?

Tens of thousands of users with the app and everyone checking for updates ... I just do not want to cause my server to crash

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Suppose I have in the app 20 RSS The question is if I set in the app to check updates every 5 minutes .. it means the server may crash because of this .. is not it?

Tens of thousands of users with the app and everyone checking for updates ... I just do not want to cause my server to crash
Recommend is at least 30mins. 5 mins is too aggressive, it will drain users battery

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AppYet Forum Test

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Recommend is at least 30mins. 5 mins is too aggressive, it will drain users battery

If your website does not update that frequently, than longer time would be ideal

Shlomi

I defined checking for updates once every 24 hours, but The question is if a user himself will set it to 5 minutes (regardless of the battery) Would this do Anything to serve?

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
nothing to worry. most of server these days could handle millions of request in short amount of time. unless your app have couple million active user, then, you would looking at upgrading your server instead

accord21

The action is too aggressive may cause the battery power consumption too quickly, right? It is recommended not to update too often, of course, this needs to look at your own needs, in addition, other programs to see, regardless of our battery power more or less, should also take into account the life of the battery as well as its own system operation of the science as a prerequisite.