How to work with Feed / Forum Module Extra HTML Header?

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
AppYet append Extra HTML Header right before </header> tag.

Attached html.zip is html asset used in Article styling.
Attached Example.zip is real example of html content right before sending it to webview for rendering.

You can do anything you like with jquery or CSS. Except, don’t change the background color. Due to multiple Android version compatibility issue. we have to hard wire background color not only on CSS also on View control. If background color changed in CSS and it doesn’t match View control color, it could cause flicker on some devices during swipe animation

Attachments

• Example.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 605
  • html.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 659

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Updated with latest html.zip. it also include forum style resource. will add HTML Extra Header to Forum module in upcoming releases to allow customization

joseph raphael

@appyet please post the HTML code of the a feed module for youtube. the example HTML only shows articles HTML code.

I want to know the "class name" that contains the video description.
Code:
<media:description type='plain'>...</media:description>

Last edited:

joseph raphael

I founded a solution to hide the video description on the youtube feed using CSS to bypass the elements returned from "webview.js". I posted the code here to help anyone who's looking for something similar:

Code:
<style>
p:first-of-type {visibility:visible !important;}
p:nth-of-type(2) {visibility:visible !important;width:300px;}
a > img.appyet_youtubeimg {visibility:visible !important; width:150px;}
p {visibility:hidden;}
</style>

Salvatore

I founded a solution to hide the video description on the youtube feed using CSS to bypass the elements returned from "webview.js". I posted the code here to help anyone who's looking for something similar:

Code:
<style>
p:first-of-type {visibility:visible !important;}
p:nth-of-type(2) {visibility:visible !important;width:300px;}
a > img.appyet_youtubeimg {visibility:visible !important; width:150px;}
p {visibility:hidden;}
</style>

but only works to hide the outline of the video in youtube?
or also to hide the description of the other types of feed?
type how do you hide description in the photos, or podcast?

joseph raphael

but only works to hide the outline of the video in youtube?
or also to hide the description of the other types of feed?
type how do you hide description in the photos, or podcast?

No for podcast the code will be a little different, I don't have any podcasts on my app so i don't know the podcast feed code.

send me a screenshot of your podcast (example) along with the feed link to check it's code and get back to you.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
jQuery 2.1.3 is production version, and promised to be smaller, and faster. will try out this version first, if problem will later check out 1.11.2