Google Play Store Security Alert

Salvatore

Need an update from @appyet team.
Please help!

Security alert

Your application has an unsafe implementation of the WebViewClient.onReceivedSslErrorhandler. Specifically, the implementation ignores all SSL certificate validation errors, making your app vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks. An attacker could change the affected WebView's content, read transmitted data (such as login credentials), and execute code inside the app using JavaScript.
To properly handle SSL certificate validation, change your code to invokeSslErrorHandler.proceed() whenever the certificate presented by the server meets your expectations, and invoke SslErrorHandler.cancel() otherwise. An email alert containing the affected app(s) and class(es) has been sent to your developer account address.

Please address this vulnerability as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. For more information about the SSL error handler, please see our documentation in the Developer Help Center. For other technical questions, you can post to https://www.stackoverflow.com/questions and use the tags “android-security” and “SslErrorHandler.” If you are using a 3rd party library that’s responsible for this, please notify the 3rd party and work with them to address the issue.

To confirm that you've upgraded correctly, upload the updated version to the Developer Console and check back after five hours. If the app hasn't been correctly upgraded, we will display a warning.

edo

Now already 2017 and will be 2018 lol. Need front page with user name n password hehehe....
Hi friend, what is our Group in Our 1Social app ? Long time I leave that

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
@edo you bring up a old thread, this "unsafe implementation of the WebViewClient.onReceivedSslErrorhandler" should already fixed in current production version. Report back if it is still a issue

edo

Yes, sorry. I bring up : need frontpage password.
Regarding : "unsafe implementation of the WebViewClient.onReceivedSslErrorhandler", yes already solved long time ago, and thank you.
Dont worry, I am very old user, using appyet, hahahaha