Issue "Device and Network Abuse policy" Warning received from Google playstore

RANJIT THAKOR

Hello Team,

Today I received mail from Google Playstore, mentioning that My App is currently in violation of Google Play policy. They mentioned the below details.

We noticed that your app violates the Device and Network Abuse policy:

• We don’t allow apps that interfere with, disrupt, damage, or access in an unauthorized manner the user’s device, other devices or computers, servers, networks, application programming interfaces (APIs), or services, including but not limited to other apps on the device, any Google service, or an authorized carrier’s network.
For example, your app allows the background play of YouTube videos while the device is inactive. This includes turning the screen off by using the power button while a YouTube video is playing. You can refer to the attached screenshot for additional information.

You can read through the Device and Network Abuse policy page for more details and examples of common violations

Please guide me in this matter as soon as possible otherwise my app will be removed on playstore.

Thanking you,

Ranjit Thakor

Attachments

• mg.png
    mg.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 14

RANJIT THAKOR

I removed the videos from the app but I can't download my new apk file, Whenever I build a new apk file and get the email the link is not working, Please solve this issue or send me my new apk on my direct email. otherwise, Google will delete my app on play store. Thanks

APK File Not Found​

The APK File has expired, please go to Submit tab to rebuild your application to receive a new download link.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Hello all,

With detail from Google Play, We have released the latest update to fix the App Suspension issue. Please help test it and report back if any issues

4.0.21:
---------------------
- Android: Removed "android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES" permission
- Android: Removed Web Module Download feature (Removed com.download.library, which allows Web Module to download files if the link is to a file, it is a common and useful feature, but if it is misused and it is linked to a apk, it could trigger Google Play policy violations, which could result in app suspension)

All V4 apps have com.download.library to allow web module download file from a web link. which triggers Google Play policy scan.
We strongly recommend everyone to rebuild your app with v4.0.21, test it thoroughly, then update your app with the latest version on Google Play, even for apps that don't have Web Module

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I removed the videos from the app but I can't download my new apk file, Whenever I build a new apk file and get the email the link is not working, Please solve this issue or send me my new apk on my direct email. otherwise, Google will delete my app on play store. Thanks

APK File Not Found​

The APK File has expired, please go to Submit tab to rebuild your application to receive a new download link.
what is your package name?