Certificate apk

danilodorgam

Hello,
I was wondering if I have to pick up the signature of the APK?
because I developed an app and wanted to upgrade using my code instead of the app here that I used when I did not know programming

ps: I really enjoyed the time I spent here :)

Zac F.

This is likely not possible since their signature information is private.

You may have to publish your new app as a separate app and remove all modules on your current app except for a Web module with a link to the Google Play store listing for your new app.

It's not a perfect solution but it would probably convert many of your users to the new app.

joseph raphael

This is likely not possible since their signature information is private.

You may have to publish your new app as a separate app and remove all modules on your current app except for a Web module with a link to the Google Play store listing for your new app.

It's not a perfect solution but it would probably convert many of your users to the new app.

I am afraid this is true, you need to build a completely new app with different package name

Zac F.

I only know this because I paid a team of developers to write a similar app so that I could get away from the 70%/30% pricing model and because I wanted to be able to customize the app how and when I wanted to.

What I found out was that it was far more trouble than it was worth. I ended up with an app that wasn't half as good as AppYet's apps, and the additional labor needed to make the app as good as AppYet would have been very expensive. Not to mention, you can't issue a different app as an update to your current one unless you have the signature and it's highly unlikely any developer would give that up.

Once AppYet added the ability to put ads on the Article List page (which is about 50% of my app's page views), added the TapaTalk forum plugin, and the web module, I've got everything I need and it's super convenient to not have to manage a team of developers. If they go forward with the option to pay a per-user monthly fee, that will make AppYet a perfect product, as far as I'm concerned.