Article number limit not workingworking.

Hi @appyet
I have set some of my feed modules to delete the old articles when the number of feeds reach 30 as shown in attached IMG. The option says that, "When article count exceed limit, old read or unread articles will be automatically deleted".
but the option is not working at all and it is still showing 300+ articles (same as in server).
I've tried clearing cache/ data, reinstalling the app.
Please fix..
Tell me if you can understand what I want to say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-19-13-08-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-19-13-08-33.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 14

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Hi @appyet
I have set some of my feed modules to delete the old articles when the number of feeds reach 30 as shown in attached IMG. The option says that, "When article count exceed limit, old read or unread articles will be automatically deleted".
but the option is not working at all and it is still showing 300+ articles (same as in server).
I've tried clearing cache/ data, reinstalling the app.
Please fix..
Tell me if you can understand what I want to say.
what is feed url?

what is feed url?
I've told you feed URL, sent you my apk, waited for five days.
Why are you not replying? I even don't know you have seen my email or not.
Please take the problem seriously...
Some articles I'm showing in the app are very old and that's why cant use that auto delete option for 4 weeks.
I need to use article no. Limit such as 30. [Explained above]

Where are you appyet team?????

joseph raphael

I've told you feed URL, sent you my apk, waited for five days.
Why are you not replying? I even don't know you have seen my email or not.
Please take the problem seriously...
Some articles I'm showing in the app are very old and that's why cant use that auto delete option for 4 weeks.
I need to use article no. Limit such as 30. [Explained above]

Where are you appyet team?????

I had some problems with my RSS feed too, but it turns out it's all in my end. Send me a private message with your RSS PHP code and i'll help you out.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I think the current logic is: when feed return more article count than Feed Article Limit, AppYet uses count of the feed returned from server. AppYet doesn't delete those articles already downloaded in order to meet the Article Limit setting.

I think the current logic is: when feed return more article count than Feed Article Limit, AppYet uses count of the feed returned from server. AppYet doesn't delete those articles already downloaded in order to meet the Article Limit setting.
So how can we set it to delete the articles when it reaches to a specific limit [like 30]. (Irrespective of date)
<Feed contains 100 + articles>

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
So how can we set it to delete the articles when it reaches to a specific limit [like 30]. (Irrespective of date)
<Feed contains 100 + articles>
no way at this moment.

if we implement it, the problem would be, during the initial sync, user will see 100+ article downloaded, and in short moment, 70+ article get disappeared.