AppYet v3.1.24 Released

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
This is a maintenance release, no new feature, only bug fixes.

v3.1.24
- Android: Fixed Google Play security report "unsafe implementation of the WebViewClient.onReceivedSslError handler"
- Android: Change search hint from "Search..." to "Search for articles", and also make it available for translation
- Android: Prevent Admob interstitial ad from showing when application closes. This will make sure application follow Admob guideline
- Android: Upgraded support libraries to latest version

Ice

Thanks @appyet but please do the following so that I can upgrade my very old apps:

1. Don't close the app when back button is pressed on article list view. Instead slide out the menu drawer and then if back is pressed again app can be closed (just like it used to be in earlier versions)

Last edited:
some customers complaining having white square as notification icon instead of my logo (i can see that on sony smartphone xperia dual m3 with recent android but not another smartphone-> means not systematic).

Suyash

CHECK THIS !! I had received an mail from google regarding the below

Hello Google Play Developer,

Your app(s) listed at the end of this email utilize a version of the ad platform MoPub that contains a security vulnerability. If you have more than 20 affected apps in your account, please check the Developer Console for a full list.

Please migrate your app(s) to MoPub v4.4.0 or higher as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. Beginning July 11, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates that use pre-4.4.0 versions of MoPub.

The vulnerability was addressed in MoPub 4.4.0. The latest versions of the MoPub SDK can be downloaded here. You can confirm the version number by checking in MoPubUtils class. To confirm the version number, please see this help center page.

If you need more information, you can contact MoPub support by emailing support@mopub.com. If you’re using a 3rd party library that bundles MoPub, you’ll need to upgrade it to a version that bundles MoPub 4.4.0 or higher.

To confirm you’ve upgraded correctly, submit the updated version to the Developer Console and check back after five hours. If the app hasn’t been correctly upgraded, we will display a warning.

The vulnerability is due to unsanitized default WebView settings. An attacker may exploit this vulnerability by serving a malicious JavaScript code in an advertising creative, making it possible to infer the existences of privacy-sensitive local resources on the devices. For Android devices with the prior versions of API 16, the attacker can even access local resources. For other technical questions, you can post to Stack Overflow and use the tags “android-security” and “MoPub.”

While these specific issues may not affect every app that uses MoPub, it’s best to stay up to date on all security patches. Apps with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered in violation of our Malicious Behavior policy and section 4.4 of the Developer Distribution Agreement.

Apps must also comply with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Developer Program Policies. If you feel we have sent this warning in error, contact our policy support team through the Google Play Developer Help Center.

Regards,

The Google Play Team

©2016 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.

Affected App(s) and Version(s):

com.leavesblue.midapp 4

com.onlyfornoobs.suyash 23