AppYet v3.1.15 to v3.1.17 Released

@appyet It's weird. We had notification issue after upgrading but after running a few days, my notification seems to be running normal now. Any others find that your notification is normal now too? How did it get fixed by itself?

Marc

@appyet I still have the problems notofications. There aren't any notifications in my phone. I have HTC M7 with Android 5.0.2.

@joseph raphael You do have the same problem with your HTC M8?

Sent from my HTC One using AppYet

pan

@
v3.1.17
- Android: Improved Iad to reduce unnecessary iAd request with no impression
- Android: Fixed notification is not showing
- Android: Change Notification Icon background to match actionbar bgcolor
- Android: Change Notification to remove progress bar.
- Android: Change Notification to show new articles without waiting for images to complete download
- Android: Upgraded third party libraries

v3.1.16
- Android: Fixed new format YouTube feed doesn't show YouTube thumbnail with play button
- Android: Fixed Feed Article share button don't behave as intended

v3.1.15
----------------------
- Android: New Map (MapBox) module (Beta)
- Android: New Twitter module (Beta)
- Android: Tweak application startup, reduce initial start up and resume time.
- Android: Bring back Feed: YouTube module button. It support new YouTube Feed formats:
http://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=CHANNELID
http://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=USERNAME
- Android: Change Notification to Inbox Style, allow user to pull down notification to see first 5 items of downloaded new articles
- Android: Fixed IAD doesn't display on some of devices
- Android: Update all existing application to open All Unread Module when new article is synced

- Web: Setting Tab: Add option to hide/show Display Language in Settings Module
- Web: New Map (MapBox) module (Beta)
- Web: New Twitter module (Beta)
- Web: Default Icon Color
- Web: Settings Tab: it is now customizable to open a module (eg: All Unread module) when user click on Notification
- Web: Fixed Create new app from Template, uploaded icons are not created for new app

pan

@appyet The App was build with version 3.1.17. It is supporting less no of devices with minimum API 14+.

Previoulsy it was API of 9+.. Is there options to support more no of devices ?

v3.1.17
- Android: Improved Iad to reduce unnecessary iAd request with no impression
- Android: Fixed notification is not showing
- Android: Change Notification Icon background to match actionbar bgcolor
- Android: Change Notification to remove progress bar.
- Android: Change Notification to show new articles without waiting for images to complete download
- Android: Upgraded third party libraries

v3.1.16
- Android: Fixed new format YouTube feed doesn't show YouTube thumbnail with play button
- Android: Fixed Feed Article share button don't behave as intended

v3.1.15
----------------------
- Android: New Map (MapBox) module (Beta)
- Android: New Twitter module (Beta)
- Android: Tweak application startup, reduce initial start up and resume time.
- Android: Bring back Feed: YouTube module button. It support new YouTube Feed formats:
http://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=CHANNELID
http://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=USERNAME
- Android: Change Notification to Inbox Style, allow user to pull down notification to see first 5 items of downloaded new articles
- Android: Fixed IAD doesn't display on some of devices
- Android: Update all existing application to open All Unread Module when new article is synced

- Web: Setting Tab: Add option to hide/show Display Language in Settings Module
- Web: New Map (MapBox) module (Beta)
- Web: New Twitter module (Beta)
- Web: Default Icon Color
- Web: Settings Tab: it is now customizable to open a module (eg: All Unread module) when user click on Notification
- Web: Fixed Create new app from Template, uploaded icons are not created for new app

joseph raphael

@appyet The App was build with version 3.1.17. It is supporting less no of devices with minimum API 14+.

Previoulsy it was API of 9+.. Is there options to support more no of devices ?

Only devices running Android 4.0+ are supported... you can't change this and there is no option to support any older devices.

Robert

I get all bad feedback from my app users because of the unreadable menu! I cannot understand why Appyet apps are designed for software buttons only. You lose a lot of customers because there are a lot of hardware button users. And who chose the colors for the hardware button menu then??? I have a Galaxy S3 here with the problem and a Oneplus One as well. With the Oneplus it is possible to turn off the hardware keys and use the software keys only. The menu in a feedlist on the bottom cannot be made visible at all then. Only the menu on top of the screen. In former versions of Appyet the color was normal for the hardware buttons on the bottom of the phone. So something changed in Appyet to make the menu unreadable.

I am eagerly awaiting an update which resolves this.

Last edited:

joseph raphael

I get all bad feed back from my app users because of the unreadable menu! I cannot understand why Appyet apps are designed for Software keys only. You lose a lot of customers because there are a lot of hardware key button users. And who chose the colors for the hardware button menu then??? I have a Galaxy S3 here with the problem and a Oneplus One as well. With the Oneplus it is possible to turn off the hardware keys and use the software keys only. The menu in a feedlist on the bottom cannot be made visible at all then. Only the menu on top of the screen. In former version the color was normal for the easier to reach hardware menu button on the bottom. So something changed in Appyet to make the menu unreadable.

I am eagerly awaiting an update which resolves this.

There is a major update coming soon it might have a fix for this.

I just updated my app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poshr.lee.kuan.yew
But there are some issues with showing web module and advertisements.

1. Web module link have 3 options, existing in-app browser, new in-app browser and system default.
a. using existing will show adv but top right allows only to refresh the page and nothing else.
b. using new top right button show refresh, share, launch browser and copy link. But no adv is shown and menu does not highlight the module. Require to press back twice to see menu. I used this in order to get the share link for web module but adv is not showing.
2. Advertisement seems to show for list feed and article view randomly. It does not show most of the time. Interstitial Ad is set to show 10 min and this is okay. But the usual ad at the bottom is very random.

joseph raphael

I just updated my app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poshr.lee.kuan.yew
But there are some issues with showing web module and advertisements.

1. Web module link have 3 options, existing in-app browser, new in-app browser and system default.
a. using existing will show adv but top right allows only to refresh the page and nothing else.
b. using new top right button show refresh, share, launch browser and copy link. But no adv is shown and menu does not highlight the module. Require to press back twice to see menu. I used this in order to get the share link for web module but adv is not showing.
2. Advertisement seems to show for list feed and article view randomly. It does not show most of the time. Interstitial Ad is set to show 10 min and this is okay. But the usual ad at the bottom is very random.

1- This is the default behaviour not a bug, note that if you display web content with ads, you can't display mobile ads on top of it.
2- This depends on the adv. publisher fill-rate, it usually not 100% - probably 90-95% of the time.

P.S. This is the first time to see a developer that puts a screenshot of play store in the play store !!