AppYet v3.1.15 to v3.1.17 Released

Marc

@appyet It seems that only happens with Android 4 and above... :confused:

In my tablet ASUS with Android 4.4.2 there is also the problem

joseph raphael

@appyet ok, I can now confirm that there is a BUG in the notification since the last 3.1.15 update that added expandable notifications. After many tested on Lollipop 5.0.1 (HTC) and 5.0.2 (HTC) and 5.1.1 (Nexus 10) devices. please look into this problem and other reported bugs.

If you need the APK or any other info or testing, I will be glad to help.

Thank you,

dragonpat

I don't like in the last two updates about exit from the app when you push back button in a module. I liked it as before.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Latest version with bug fixes have been released to Prod.

v3.1.17
- Android: Improved Iad to reduce unnecessary iAd request with no impression
- Android: Fixed notification is not showing
- Android: Change Notification Icon background to match actionbar bgcolor
- Android: Change Notification to remove progress bar.
- Android: Change Notification to show new articles without waiting for images to complete download
- Android: Upgraded third party libraries

interstitial ad only show in exit of following action: Visit Website, View Article, View Image and Play Video. set it to short freq will do what you want, even we would not recommend it.
I tried IAD with exit View Article, View Image and it's showing correctly as per timing I have set. It only show when we exit and it's time to show. This is well done.
It's not possible to have exit Visit Website, Play Video as we do not have these event. Exit on website will simply close the app. When do we get play video event?

I'm not sure if other experience this but my banner ad is showing randomly. On Article list, Article view, website, the ad does not show every time. It seems to show like 50% of the time.

@appyet Do look into adding youtube playlist. https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=playlist_id
This is working rss. eg https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=PLidNKjOp2tc7nf0ZZl2nNH6hQk9Fa_Rkh

What is Group Text Color in theme mean?

Last edited:

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I tried IAD with exit View Article, View Image and it's showing correctly as per timing I have set. It only show when we exit and it's time to show. This is well done.
It's not possible to have exit Visit Website, Play Video as we do not have these event. Exit on website will simply close the app. When do we get play video event?

I'm not sure if other experience this but my banner ad is showing randomly. On Article list, Article view, website, the ad does not show every time. It seems to show like 50% of the time.

@appyet Do look into adding youtube playlist. https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=playlist_id
This is working rss. eg https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=PLidNKjOp2tc7nf0ZZl2nNH6hQk9Fa_Rkh

What is Group Text Color in theme mean?

Video event is trigger when your feed contain video podcast, which is played using in-app video player, as video player exit, it will trigger this event.

Admob ad is shown base on fill rate.

In Module Group Divider, you can enter Group Name, which will be display as Group Text, Group Text Color set the color for Group Text.

Thanks for the YouTube Playlist feed, it will be added to the next release.

My admob fill rate have been in the 100% other than few days showing more than 90% but from 29 jun it's showing 80%+, 70%+ 50%+ and 40%+. That's when admod is not always showing.

Please have the back button to show the menu and prompt to exit back. It's just close my app many times when I back from website and it's very bad experience. Do add the location permission for us like you have done for your appyet app. We do not have that permission in the app. Check out my test for mapbox. It's seems to show better just using the web module.
https://forum.appyet.com/index.php?threads/mapbox-issues-and-improvements.570/

Going to test v3.1.17 now for notifications

Dain Binder

When we press back / cancel button in feed list screen the application fully exit. in earlier versions (v3.14 or later) press the back button shows menu and again you press the back button then the application will exit. I think this is good. What's other member's option?

I like that the app exits on pressing the back button from the feed list. The previous double back requirement was a bit annoying in my opinion. If you just open an app, then pressing the back button should take you out of it, not to the menu.

[EDIT] Although, if in another menu area besides the default screen upon open, then the back button should take you back to the default screen, then a second back takes you out of the app.

Last edited:

Dain Binder

My admob fill rate have been in the 100% other than few days showing more than 90% but from 29 jun it's showing 80%+, 70%+ 50%+ and 40%+. That's when admod is not always showing.

Please have the back button to show the menu and prompt to exit back. It's just close my app many times when I back from website and it's very bad experience. Do add the location permission for us like you have done for your appyet app. We do not have that permission in the app. Check out my test for mapbox. It's seems to show better just using the web module.
https://forum.appyet.com/index.php?threads/mapbox-issues-and-improvements.570/

Going to test v3.1.17 now for notifications

I like that the app exits on pressing the back button once from the feed list. The previous double back requirement was a bit annoying in my opinion. If you just open an app, then pressing the back button should take you out of it, not to the menu (the menu should only show when it is user initiated). Although, if in another menu area besides the default screen upon open, then the back button should take you back to the the default screen, then a second back takes you out of the app. (FYI @appyet, please read bold. TY)

Last edited:
As a normal user, I'll just press home button if I want a quick exit instead of the back button. So the back button to go to menu is much better than throwing me out of the app when I'm viewing the app like in web module. @dbin78 by doing that is adding complication to the checking, adds to code size and coding time. We do see many popular apps doing double back as well. Feel annoy you can just press home? :)

Dain Binder

As a normal user, I'll just press home button if I want a quick exit instead of the back button. So the back button to go to menu is much better than throwing me out of the app when I'm viewing the app like in web module. @dbin78 by doing that is adding complication to the checking, adds to code size and coding time. We do see many popular apps doing double back as well. Feel annoy you can just press home? :)

If going back to the default screen is not possible (but I think it should be because it does it from the "settings" screen menu) then I believe the menu should display upon tapping back.

@appyet I think Header Image is only showing 512px by 96px instead of Recommended 512px * 288px. I loaded an image and it's cut off. Does it show differently on different devices? Please update the recommended size. I like the header image.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
@appyet I think Header Image is only showing 512px by 96px instead of Recommended 512px * 288px. I loaded an image and it's cut off. Does it show differently on different devices? Please update the recommended size. I like the header image.
in the futhre, header image will be taller, look at the existing google apps header, you will understand

Dain Binder

v3.1.17
- Android: Improved Iad to reduce unnecessary iAd request with no impression
- Android: Fixed notification is not showing
- Android: Change Notification Icon background to match actionbar bgcolor
- Android: Change Notification to remove progress bar.
- Android: Change Notification to show new articles without waiting for images to complete download
- Android: Upgraded third party libraries

v3.1.16
- Android: Fixed new format YouTube feed doesn't show YouTube thumbnail with play button
- Android: Fixed Feed Article share button don't behave as intended

v3.1.15
----------------------
- Android: New Map (MapBox) module (Beta)
- Android: New Twitter module (Beta)
- Android: Tweak application startup, reduce initial start up and resume time.
- Android: Bring back Feed: YouTube module button. It support new YouTube Feed formats:
http://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=CHANNELID
http://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?user=USERNAME
- Android: Change Notification to Inbox Style, allow user to pull down notification to see first 5 items of downloaded new articles
- Android: Fixed IAD doesn't display on some of devices
- Android: Update all existing application to open All Unread Module when new article is synced

- Web: Setting Tab: Add option to hide/show Display Language in Settings Module
- Web: New Map (MapBox) module (Beta)
- Web: New Twitter module (Beta)
- Web: Default Icon Color
- Web: Settings Tab: it is now customizable to open a module (eg: All Unread module) when user click on Notification
- Web: Fixed Create new app from Template, uploaded icons are not created for new app

AppYet, I've noticed that when an app updates the icon on the homescreen is being removed. The user needs to re-add from the app drawer.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
AppYet, I've noticed that when an app updates the icon on the homescreen is being removed. The user needs to re-add from the app drawer.
don't understand your problem, pls describe in more details and with screenshot

Dain Binder

don't understand your problem, pls describe in more details and with screenshot

Can't really screenshot to show. You know how you can have the app's icon on your device's launcher home screen, the one you tap to launch the app? That icon is being deleted after the app updates (depending what version you are updating from). Seems like the last couple builds are doing it. After the app updates, and the icon is deleted from the home screen, the user has to drag it back out from the master app list.