AppYet v3.1.10 to v3.1.14 Released

Andreas Wolf

Hi.
Some problems since last update.
Number of unread article won't change if I mark all new article as read.
I get full screen Ads. Ad bars are ok, but please do not let fullscreen Ads show up.
No more sync when I swipe up2down in menu drawer.

Android version 4.4.2

Last edited:

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Hi.
Some problems since last update.
I get full screen Ads. Ad bars are ok, but please do not let fullscreen Ads show up.
No more sync when I swipe up2down in menu drawer.

Android version 4.4.2
Ads can be disabled in Monetize tab, you can uncheck any of the new Ads types

laurencechen

We will make Iy configurable in future release

Thanks, But I worried that we expose the original RSS feed URL already.
Please make it as highest priority , I think it's big issue.

I suggest as below
Share function switch off: for paid version because we DO need to protect content original feed URL
Share function switch on: for free version because we don't need to protect content original feed URL

LCallaghan84

I suggest as below
Share function switch off: for paid version because we DO need to protect content original feed URL
Share function switch on: for free version because we don't need to protect content original feed URL
where did you get the idea that the share function shows the feed url? it is only sharing the article link.

Dain Binder

I suggest as below

Keep in mind that paid or free AppYet is not the same as a paid or free app on Google Play. They are completely separate.

Dain Binder

I suggest as below

Is your website/souce behind a pay wall on the web? If not, it can be found anyway. If it is, sharing the article link should not matter. (Also, as others have said, the actual RSS feed is not shared.)

EEnterprises

Android version 4.4.2
Same problem here. Also, the unread articles sometimes change and sometimes don't. Even when I've read all, some still seem unread. When restart app or change theme, the unread count is corrected.

joseph raphael

where did you get the idea that the share function shows the feed url? it is only sharing the article link.

I think he's using content that is not his to use, in both cases with or without share button, the user will can get the article link by clicking on "visit website" at the end of each article in AppYet.

I suggest as below

Your feed URL is safe but the user will see the article link, also share button is already there in the dropdown menu since version 3.0 so nothing new here.

joseph raphael

Same problem here. Also, the unread articles sometimes change and sometimes don't. Even when I've read all, some still seem unread. When restart app or change theme, the unread count is corrected.

@appyet I also face a similar problem after adding/removing an article from favorite list, I need to refresh the app to get the correct counting.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
v3.1.14 Released to Production with bug fixes and new customization

v3.1.14
- Android: Explore Module: Apply icon color filter (tint) base on configuration in module setup
- Android: Improved Interstitial Ad implementation to reduce network bandwidth
- Android: Upgraded supported libraries
- Android: Feed Module: Fix multiple issues with context menu
- Android: Menu Drawer: Fix menu drawer badges are not updated in some cases

- Web: Reset server side cache when user make change to Monetize tab, with this change, users install newly built apk could see Ad removed right away. Exiting App users still need to wait UP TO 48 hours to see AD removed from their apps
- Web: Feed Module: New option to "Allow Delete" and "Show Share"

joseph raphael

v3.1.14 Released to Production with bug fixes and new customization

v3.1.14
- Android: Explore Module: Apply icon color filter (tint) base on configuration in module setup
- Android: Improved Interstitial Ad implementation to reduce network bandwidth
- Android: Upgraded supported libraries
- Android: Feed Module: Fix multiple issues with context menu
- Android: Menu Drawer: Fix menu drawer badges are not updated in some cases

- Web: Reset server side cache when user make change to Monetize tab, with this change, users install newly built apk could see Ad removed right away. Exiting App users still need to wait UP TO 48 hours to see AD removed from their apps
- Web: Feed Module: New option to "Allow Delete" and "Show Share"

@appyet remember the suggestion I told you before about adding version number to the APK file inside the zip file ? Can it be implemented ?

slbenfica33

@appyet Please, Facebook feed module stopped working. When trying to create a new module of facebook feed with a correct Facebook ID it says invalide information provided but when trying to insert incorrect Facebook ID its accepted.Thats dont make any sense.
It was working great before Appyet update. Even when trying to update an existing facebook feed module which has been added before the update, now it tells its not valid.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
@appyet Please, Facebook feed module stopped working. When trying to create a new module of facebook feed with a correct Facebook ID it says invalide information provided but when trying to insert incorrect Facebook ID its accepted.Thats dont make any sense.
It was working great before Appyet update. Even when trying to update an existing facebook feed module which has been added before the update, now it tells its not valid.
Will look into it, what is yout Facebook id?

AJtheGeniuS

Will look into it, what is yout Facebook id?
No need to look into it. Facebook has shut it down.
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/changelog#v2_3_90_day_deprecations

Not so cool, would be glad if AppYet could come up with a service where we add multiple RSS feeds to amount to one output rss feed.
So whenever there is a change, it would be easy to update.
Have an app of over 50,000 users depending on the FB Rss link and now FB shuts it down, and my app has been greatly affected.

EDIT: Users can use fbrss.com for now in replacement of your feeds. Until better service comes up.

Last edited:

ramialhojori

Module create failed, please make sure information provided is valid

ooooh I am so sad because facebook feeds r gone any solution for that big problem :(