AppYet Latest Development Demo

Otavio Miguel

Hi. Why the newest version of appyet app haven't the "select favorite star" on "market model"? The another version had.

Sent from my XT1033 using AppYet

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
AppYet Dev 1.0.13 Released https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appyet

Change log:
------------
- Android: Web Module: implemented page not found. (Thanks to Joseph Raphael for providing sample)
- Android: Feed Module: Fixed RTL layout issue in none Arabic language
- Android: Updated Català (Catalan) language support (Thanks to Sergi Alonso Paredes)
- Android: Updated Lietuvių kalba (Lithuanian) language support (Thanks to Egidijus Lukošius)
- Android: Updated Slovenčina (Slovak) language support (Thanks to Tomáš Ďurana)
- Android: Updated Italiano (Italian) language support (Thanks to Paolo Lagalante and Angelo Ruggieri)
- Android: Updated ภาษาไทย (Thai) language support (Thanks to chajang)
- Android: Updated Português (Portuguese) language support (Thanks to Pedro Fernandes)
- Android: Updated Suomi (Finnish) language support (Thanks to Rami Aalto)
- Android: Updated Español (Spanish) language support (Thanks to Eduardo Lobo and David Sandoval)
- Android: Updated Français (French) language support (Thanks to Rami Debab and Mourad H)
- Android: New Slovenščina (Slovenian) language support (Thanks to Boštjan Orban)
- Android: Updated Deutsch (German) language support (Thanks to Cuex)
- Android: Updated فارسی (Persian) language support (Thanks to mohammad)
- Android: Updated Nederlands (Dutch) language support (Thanks to Tim Vervoort)
- Android: Updated ქართული (Georgian) language support (Thanks to Amiran Ghavtadze)
- Android: Updated Bahasa melayu (Malay) language support (Thanks to Mohd Shafiq Mat Daud)
- Android: Updated Português do Brasil (Brazilian Portuguese) language support (Thanks toWashington Junior)
- Android: Updated हिन्दी (Hindi) language support (Thanks to Parth Chamaria)
- Android: Updated Русский (Russian) language support (Thanks to Artem Rez)
- Android: Updated मराठी (Marathi) language support (Thanks to Radial Apps)
- Android: Updated Norsk (Norwegian) language support (Thanks to Kev Robin Kristoffersen)
- Android: Updated Hrvatski (Croatian) language support (Thanks to Kruno K.)
- Android: Updated العربية (Arabic) language support (Thanks to Hamad Adhbiyah and Joseph Raphael)
- Android: Updated Čeština (Czech) language support (Thanks to Daniel Kasal)
- Android: Updated Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian) language support (Thanks to Akang Izulthea)

Please send us your review, help test and report bug

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
AppYet Dev 1.0.14 Released https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appyet

This may be our last dev release before we publish it for every app builder to create your V3.1. So, please help us TEST and DOUBLE TEST this version to make sure there are no bugs. For RTL users, please help us test RTL layout for both Feed and Forum Module.

Change log:
------------
- Android: Better support RTL, for Android 4.2 and above, application itself support RTL mirroring. Menu Drawer now will be hidden on the right side of the screen
- Android: Forum Module: Fully support RTL display for Android OS 4.2 and above
- Android: Feed Module: Fully support RTL display for all version of Android
- Android: Web Module: updated page not found. (Thanks to Joseph Raphael for providing sample)
- Android: Forum Module: Removed border grid around attachment display. make it cleaner look. (will improve attachment look in future release)

All Language Updates:
- Android: Updated Català (Catalan) language support (Thanks to Sergi Alonso Paredes)
- Android: Updated Lietuvių kalba (Lithuanian) language support (Thanks to Egidijus Lukošius)
- Android: Updated Slovenčina (Slovak) language support (Thanks to Tomáš Ďurana)
- Android: Updated Italiano (Italian) language support (Thanks to Paolo Lagalante and Angelo Ruggieri)
- Android: Updated ภาษาไทย (Thai) language support (Thanks to chajang)
- Android: Updated Português (Portuguese) language support (Thanks to Pedro Fernandes)
- Android: Updated Suomi (Finnish) language support (Thanks to Rami Aalto)
- Android: Updated Español (Spanish) language support (Thanks to Eduardo Lobo and David Sandoval)
- Android: Updated Français (French) language support (Thanks to Rami Debab and Mourad H)
- Android: Updated Slovenščina (Slovenian) language support (Thanks to Boštjan Orban)
- Android: Updated Deutsch (German) language support (Thanks to Cuex)
- Android: Updated فارسی (Persian) language support (Thanks to mohammad)
- Android: Updated Nederlands (Dutch) language support (Thanks to Tim Vervoort)
- Android: Updated ქართული (Georgian) language support (Thanks to Amiran Ghavtadze)
- Android: Updated Bahasa melayu (Malay) language support (Thanks to Mohd Shafiq Mat Daud)
- Android: Updated Português do Brasil (Brazilian Portuguese) language support (Thanks toWashington Junior)
- Android: Updated हिन्दी (Hindi) language support (Thanks to Parth Chamaria)
- Android: Updated Русский (Russian) language support (Thanks to Artem Rez)
- Android: Updated मराठी (Marathi) language support (Thanks to Radial Apps)
- Android: Updated Norsk (Norwegian) language support (Thanks to Kev Robin Kristoffersen)
- Android: Updated Hrvatski (Croatian) language support (Thanks to Kruno K.)
- Android: Updated العربية (Arabic) language support (Thanks to Hamad Adhbiyah and Joseph Raphael)
- Android: Updated Čeština (Czech) language support (Thanks to Daniel Kasal)
- Android: Updated Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian) language support (Thanks to Akang Izulthea)
- Android: Updated Eesti keel (Estonian) language support (Thanks to Lawrence Callaghan)

joseph raphael

@appyet so far the RTL layouts are good on both modules forum and feed (tested for Arabic only), I double checked the Arabic translation no modifications needed, Web module is working great, page not found looks better now on tablets.

However, the Notification icon issue still exist, the notification color bar doesn't appear on some places on the app (more details on the list). that's what I got so far... will keep testing

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
start Android 4.2, it support RTL mirroring. if you check actionbar is completely flip. three bars and arrow icons are changed to right and option menu three dots is placed on the left. I thought it is more logical to place hidden menu to the right to be consistant to the UI. do you see any arabic apps has UI completely mirrored to the RTL layout? if so, what are their hidden menu placement (left or right)?

joseph raphael

start Android 4.2, it support RTL mirroring. if you check actionbar is completely flip. three bars and arrow icons are changed to right and option menu three dots is placed on the left. I thought it is more logical to place hidden menu to the right to be consistant to the UI. do you see any arabic apps has UI completely mirrored to the RTL layout? if so, what are their hidden menu placement (left or right)?

Most of the arabic users is used to the left menu in all Android Apps, only few apps in the play store that support full RTL, and they always get bad reviews, like This one here, it has a flipped RTL menu: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.competitivetechnology.hashmena

I suggest you keep the menu on the left but flip the content as showed on the screenshots I sent you earlier. Check out this Arabic App made with you platform: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android4ar.app it looks and feel great... the important thing that the content/text on the left menu is flipped so the Arabic user can read it right.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
@joseph raphael we are in the middle of releasing V3.1 to production. this release will have UI completely flipped for RTL language. will gather more feedback. we might consider make it configurable in near future.

joseph raphael

@joseph raphael we are in the middle of releasing V3.1 to production. this release will have UI completely flipped for RTL language. will gather more feedback. we might consider make it configurable in near future.

Great, I recommend you make it configurable for the user to choose before building, the feedback you'll get won't be a 100% RTL or a 100% LTR... most of the people (not all of them) are used to the LTR menu becuase they use a lot of English Apps on their devices.

Also @appyet there is too many small stuff requested by the members on this list that can be added easily added to 3.1, please consider them http://forum.appyet.com/index.php?threads/appyet-3-1-requested-features-list.27/

I will keep reporting bugs, gathering features and help around the forum as much as I can. thank you,

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
@joseph raphael current implement, as long as user don't set Display language to Arabic or Persian (Settings->Display Presentation->Display Language), UI will still follow LTR (including left menu and actioin bar). even user have Feed or Forum modules contain RTL texts.

application only flip the UI when user choose arabic or Persian as display language, then UI completely flipped.

so, my question is for those people who only know arabic or persian language, would complete UI flip better or not?

joseph raphael

@joseph raphael current implement, as long as user don't set Display language to Arabic or Persian (Settings->Display Presentation->Display Language), UI will still follow LTR (including left menu and actioin bar). even user have Feed or Forum modules contain RTL texts.

application only flip the UI when user choose arabic or Persian as display language, then UI completely flipped.

That's good (I didn't know that), so it's already optional in the app... I hope you make this point clear in the FAQ section for the app builders.

@joseph raphael so, my question is for those people who only know arabic or persian language, would complete UI flip better or not?

If they ONLY know Arabic or Persian.... the answer is YES

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
That's good (I didn't know that), so it's already optional in the app... I hope you make this point clear in the FAQ section for the app builders.

If they ONLY know Arabic or Persian.... the answer is YES

then, our current implementation should be perfect. Whoever select Arabic or Persian as display language (even person is muti-lingual), it only means they are comfortable or more comfortable with RTL format. other wise they would have choose other Display language.

Thanks Joseph, it is very important information for us.

Tobirexy

Missing Features:
  • custom push notifications
  • custom settings
  • Add some more Material (Buttons, Pull to refresh,..)
I will add more soon.

Last edited: