AppYet Latest Development Demo

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
AppYet Dev 1.0.11 Released https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appyet

Change log:
------------
- Android: Forum Module: Improved smiley icons (Big Thanks to joseph raphael)
- Android: Forum Module: Forum post image viewer can now pass cookie along to allow view images require authentication
- Android: Forum Module: Fixed post images require authentication are not displayed in Lollipop
- Android: Forum Module: Fixed moderate undelete post issue
- Android: Forum Module: Fixed paging issue when post new topic, delete and undelete posts
- Android: Feed module: Change Magazine Card font and style, and show snippet when there are no image to display
- Android: Feed module: Fixed missing article styling when feed url starts with https://

Please send us your review, help test and report bug

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Missing features from Tapatalk:
1) This may be hard. When user is logged in to a forum, his/her profile pic and name must be there at the top of left menu (Similar to Gmail) But this will be *really* cool!
We support mutiple forum in left menu, which requires multiple different logins, it will not be logical to show user profile info in left hidden menu.

2) Notifications card/tab like Tapatalk, where you get notified about people liking your posts etc.
Will look into it.

3) When you open a thread, it remembers the page you were last on *in the app* . However, this means that if you browsed from PC, those posts will come up again. Also, if the user goes back to a certain page (say 2nd) and closes the thread, the thread will return to the 2nd page the next time he opens it. This is unlike Tapatalk, where the user is taken to the first UNREAD post. This is much more convenient. Also, AppYet takes the user to the top of the last visited page while Tapatalk takes him directly to the post he wants to see. I think this has a much greater impact on user friendliness.
will try to improve it in future release

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Yeah, now it's gone...

Suggestion: Improve the widget. Right now it is totally useless. Just shows the latest article's picture.

Sent from my Aqua HD using AppYet
what kind of improvement are you looking for?

radialapps

what kind of improvement are you looking for?

The widget should at least scroll through the images of various articles. Also, it should be optionally bigger where you can read articles' starting lines from the widget. When you press an article it should open in the app. Also, another widget like Tapatalk with the forums you choose when you press a forum, it will open in the app etc.

joseph raphael

was this problem exist before we changed the icon?

@appyet Actually, it's the same issue... The problem is that android generate a generic notification icon based on the provided icon shape, your old app icon had a unique shape and that's why its notification icon was visible... BUT your current icon is "circle" and that's why its notification icon is a white blank circle. Not everyone has a unique shaped icon!

To clarify more, This photo is Examples of icons that has been converted to generic white notification icons:

genric_white_lol.jpg

You have two options to avoid this issue:
1- Use the original colored icon provided for Notifications (like the ones on the left).
2- Allow users to upload their own generic notification icon via web module.

Last edited:

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
For people who language is Right to Left (Like Arabic), please let me know what best forum module layout should looks like for Browse/Topic list/Posts screens.

should all layout out be flip from LTR to RTL (eg, Browse screen, LTR has icon on the left then text to the right of icon.), should in Arabic, icon in the right, then the text to the left of icon more logical UI display?

base on our observation, all online forum in Arabic, all still follow LTR layout. example attached. Is this layout logical for RTL language?

anyone from native Right to Left language, please give us some recommendation on best layout for RTL language. if you could draw and attach a layout diagram (for Browse/topic/posts screens), it would be much easier to understand.

OnlineForumTopicExample.PNG OnlineForumPostExample.PNG

Last edited:

radialapps

Please make emoji mapping possible for app maker. Because the maker may want to change certain smileys. For example, the common smiley :p is not working right now etc.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Please make emoji mapping possible for app maker. Because the maker may want to change certain smileys. For example, the common smiley :p is not working right now etc.

may be in the future we will consider this. but at this moment, we will just fix any missing common smileys, it will be fixed in the future release. if you do lower case. lower case : p should already working. the problem is upper case : P is not working

radialapps

may be in the future we will consider this. but at this moment, we will just fix any missing common smileys, it will be fixed in the future release. if you do lower case. lower case : p should already working. the problem is upper case : P is not working

Ok not a problem!
Consider the following emoji with capitalization (ignore any already present)

XD XP :p :O

radialapps

Also consider the following:
1) Emoticons in conversation.
2) Click picture to download when on 3g.
3) The floating reply button I mentioned earlier.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Also consider the following:
1) Emoticons in conversation.
2) Click picture to download when on 3g.
3) The floating reply button I mentioned earlier.

1. Fixed, will be part of next release.
2) anf 3)will look into them

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AppYet