[AppYet 3.x] Requested Features List

Giovanni

Logo.png

List of Bugs & Features (requested by users from all over the forum) to be implemented/fixed in Future AppYet 3.x releases. All Gathered in one thread to keep track of them by every @appyet Dev release until the Final stable build released.

Any Implemented feature will be marked/scratched from the list with the version number added to it.

• Latest AppYet Stable Build Release -> 3.1.21
[Forum Module]

1- Attach Images to a Post

2- Add Text formatting

3- Add full RTL support [DONE! 1.0.14]

4- Emoticons in conversation [DONE! 1.0.12]

5- Click to download full picture resolution when on 3G connection.

6- Add floating reply button. [DONE! 3.1.12]

7- Notifications card/tab like Tapatalk, where you get notified about people liking your posts etc.

8- When you open a thread, it remembers the page you were last on; in the app [DONE!]

10- Show logged-in user profile pic and name at the top of left menu [DONE!]

11- Save log-in information [DONE!]

12- Watch (subscribe) forums [DONE!]

13- Jump to top/bottom of page

14- Ability to change password, email ID, avatar... etc

15- Support for Tapatalk forum "https" integration
[DONE! 3.1.0]

[Feed Module]

1- Improve App's Widget look and functions.

2- Ability to clean-up a specific "feed module" separate from others.

3- Ability to select a specific Feed for the "feed query module" [DONE!] - Solution HERE

4- Improve tablet's layout for a Magazine card view. [DONE! 3.1.1]

5- Disqus Comments Integration [Not possible Due to API Limitations]

6- Guided Notification - when a user click on a notification it opens the app and direct the user to the updated feed content automatically. [DONE! 3.1.15]

7- Fix Article's duplicating due to title change and update articles content. [DONE! 3.1.5]

8- Add an option to control the Default flag for "Make Favorites unread" on the settings. [DONE! 3.1.4]

9- Add Tapatalk Push Notification API support.

10- Keywords filtering - a feed query that Shows articles from feed modules that contains a certain keyword OR Hides article from feed modules that contains a certain keyword - Requested Here.

11- Home module - a feed query module that gathers all feeds content in one page with each feed title - Example Image

[Web Module]

1- Add a custom responsive "404 page" to replace Android's default "Page not Available". [DONE! 1.0.13 - Improved! 1.0.14]

2- Ability to upload file/files via webview. [DONE! 3.1.4]

3- Update in-app jQuery plug-in [DONE! 3.1.5]

4- Ability to remove menu options "Share link", the "Open in browser" and the "Copy link" from dropdown of web module.

[App UI]

1- xxxhdpi icons support (Module - Launcher - Notification). [DONE! 3.1.1]

2- Fix Notification icon issue - Reported Here. [DONE! 3.1.8]

3- Highlight the current active module on the left menu (ability to choose highlight color). [DONE! 3.1.12]

4- Ability to change the background color of the app overall. [DONE! 3.1.1]

5- Set Notification Bar Color for the "Settings" - "Explore" - "Downloads" - "Web-view New window" instead the default Black one. [DONE! 3.1.11]

6- Convert all App "Dialog boxes" to Material Design, Currently it is partially material, e.g. The translate box in feeds is a absolutely material but the box that appears when you press the three dots in forum post is system theme box.

7- Add reloading material design spinner when "refreshing/reloading web page" or on a "pull to refresh" action inside all modules. [DONE! 3.1.5]

8- Convert Left menu Drawer from "Holo style" to the new "Material Style" to fit the App's new design - Screenshots Here [DONE! 3.1.10]

9- Expendables menus and submenus.

10- Double Menu Left & Right

11- Improve widget functionality to include
use Web-view to display web pages on homescreen.

12- Add window color to "Recent apps" menu in Lollipop - Info here [DONE! 3.1.12]

13- Convert all menus and pop-ups inside the app to Light mode when Light theme is selected.

14- Improve Tablets UI, Dual-rows for the magazine layout style in tablets.

15- Expandable Notifications [DONE! 3.1.12]

16- Improve the Menu text and design -
Requested HERE

17- Ability to choose from Default Material Design colors in Themes options - More Details Here

[App Functionality]

1- Add In-App purchase to remove ads for PRO accounts.

2- Android TV support

3- Android Wear notifications support

4- Push Notifications

5- Public chat feature

6- Interstitial Ads. [DONE! 3.1.12]

7- Set a "Default Module Tab" for the App to show every time the user open the App (like a Homepage). [DONE! 3.1.12]

8- Audio Player Module.

9- Ability to disable all App's notifications by default. [DONE! 3.1.4]

10- Deep Linking for app's content "myappname://action" - Info Here

11- MapBox Module. [DONE! 3.1.15]

12- Rename Explorer Module - Ability to rename a feed after you have added a feed manually via the Explore function.

13- Add version and build numbers to each generated APK file name inside the ZIP file sent via email to users (com.appyet-1.X) to avoid
duplicate files.

14- Update About Page with [App icon + App version +
Optional text].

[Reported Bugs]

1- Fix blurry Images when click-to-view images in feed module - Image
library issue.

2- Forum RTL layout issue on Smartphones - Reported HERE
@appyet @joseph raphael
Hello! Why is the settings background black if my theme is light? Can you add the ability to change the settings' background color?
Thanks

Giovanni

Last edited:
About "placeholder", allow multiple feeds to be concatenated into one single "placeholder feed" = 1 entry in the left menu gives access to all customized feeds mixed together

Ice

@appyet @joseph raphael

Option to Turn Off Images to Save Data Costs

MY SUGGESTED IMAGE LOAD OPTIONS (DATA SAVING OPTIONS)
================================================
- Load High Resolution Only

- Load Medium Resolution Only

- Load Low Resolution (Thumbnails size) Only

- Load only for Wifi

- Don't Load Images at all

I have lost many of my app users in some countries where data is quite expensive due to complaints about the high data consumption of the apps and they all wish that they could reduce the size of downloaded images or turn them off entirely so this will be a very useful addition to help especially those whose apps target mainly these expensive data countries.

joseph raphael

@appyet @joseph raphael

Option to Turn Off Images to Save Data Costs

MY SUGGESTED IMAGE LOAD OPTIONS (DATA SAVING OPTIONS)
================================================
- Load High Resolution Only

- Load Medium Resolution Only

- Load Low Resolution (Thumbnails size) Only

- Load only for Wifi

- Don't Load Images at all

I have lost many of my app users in some countries where data is quite expensive due to complaints about the high data consumption of the apps and they all wish that they could reduce the size of downloaded images or turn them off entirely so this will be a very useful addition to help especially those whose apps target mainly these expensive data countries.

The Load only for Wifi is already here but the first 3 options would be very good and useful....
Note too sure about the last one as images is very important.

Frank Simmons Jr

The Load images only for Wifi is already here but the first 3 options would be very good and useful....
Note too sure about the last one as images is very important.

OMG Please please definitely include the option for NO IMAGES. That's the one I need the most most.

I have some apps with 30 or more feeds updating all the time and this is the most requested feature of my users (ability to turn off images completely). Apparently images are not that important to some people LOL.

So Please PLEASE PLEASE add Option to turn off images completely in addition to others specified. I NEED it as soon as possible, as in like yesterday. Thanks.

Great work guys. Great work. Add this image turn off feature and Appyet becomes perfect

Last edited:

joseph raphael

OMG Please please definitely include the option for NO IMAGES. That's the one I need the most most.

I have some apps with 30 or more feeds updating all the time and this is the most requested feature of my users (ability to turn off images completely). Apparently images are not that important to some people LOL.

So Please PLEASE PLEASE add Option to turn off images completely in addition to others specified. I NEED it as soon as possible, as in like yesterday. Thanks.

Great work guys. Great work. Add this image turn off feature and Appyet becomes perfect

Hey Frank I have a solution for you to hide images on your feed, they won't get loaded at all.

The only drawback about it that the user can't change it, it will be forced for all users who will install the new version will this work for you ??

Frank Simmons Jr

Hey Frank I have a solution for you to hide images on your feed, they won't get loaded at all.

The only drawback about it that the user can't change it, it will be forced for all users who will install the new version will this work for you ??
Thanks a lot Joseph for the suggestion but what I really need is to have it as an added option for the user (preferrably as part of the other options) because the main idea is to give them a way to limit data use when they are running low on data or in an area where the data costs are high.

At other times when they have data they may chose to switch on images (and select the resolution). That would be so perfect because it gives them near total control over the data usage.

kailor

Suggestions:

- Able the user to use the images offline
- Search module
- More templates (that means not only with the sidebar)
- Geolocation map (the idea is maps that can use geolocation if needed)
- About module (that can fill it with info that user may need it)

Mayapur Voice

>>>>
Thanks Joseph for summarizing this feature request list. It is indeed getting harder for us to keep track of all.

Any reason why images cannot be aligned in the center using Appyet;s Web module? It only has right and left align options. Sometimes we need to say place the logo on top center in a About page but it only allows left or right which doesn't always look good.

manhar

-- I think that "Explore" feature could be expanded as well, having in app-purchases to unlock new streams of content, would be very powerful

- In addition to group the modules under one menu with the same title,
would group the menu, or ensure that the menus are expandable and reclosable.

View attachment 117
up ?
how to get this feature ?

pemy

Does anyone know if AppYet is supported at all anymore (other than some critical bugs)?

I understand the guys who made it are probably rolling in the recurring money that they are making from the platform, so there isn't much incentive for them to continue. However, a few simple additional bits (like firebase) could really help boost our apps up the app store rankings (more money for you and us).

@appyet
@joseph raphael

Facebook comment plugin enabled and can see in appyet. But since every click as us to open with external browser, can't comment using Facebook. If those clicks were handled by in-app browser, then we ca comment using Facebook, no need for disqus.

joseph raphael

Does anyone know if AppYet is supported at all anymore (other than some critical bugs)?

I understand the guys who made it are probably rolling in the recurring money that they are making from the platform, so there isn't much incentive for them to continue. However, a few simple additional bits (like firebase) could really help boost our apps up the app store rankings (more money for you and us).

@appyet
@joseph raphael

will look into this