App Status: Rejected | • APK 37: Policy Declaration - Data Safety Section

Asif

I rebuild my app after two years and tried to upload it at Google PLay Console platform but receiving following mesage through email. Someone please advise what setting I have to make at Google Play Console. My Settings at Google PLay Console are also shown hereunder. I have Set Data Safety to "App doesn’t collect or share data". Do I have to change this settings. What I should set ?

App Status: Rejected​

Your app has been rejected and wasn't published due to the policy issue(s) listed below. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.

Issue found: Invalid Data safety form​

We reviewed your app’s Data safety form in Play Console and found discrepancies between it and how the app collects and shares user data. All apps are required to complete an accurate Data safety form that discloses their data collection and sharing practices - this is required even if your app does not collect any user data.
We detected user data transmitted off device that you have not disclosed in your app’s Data safety form as user data collected.
Issue details
We found an issue in the following area(s):
  • APK 37: Policy Declaration - Data Safety Section: Device Or Other IDs Data Type - Device Or Other IDs (some common examples may include Advertising ID, Android ID, IMEI, BSSID)

About the Data safety section in Google Play User Data policy​

Your app must be in compliance with this policy. If your app continues to be non-compliant after August 22, 2022, your app updates will be rejected and your app may face additional enforcement actions in the future.
Please make changes to align your app’s Data safety form with the app’s behavior. This can be done by either:
  • Updating your form in Play Console to declare collection of Data Types noted below; or
  • Removing unwanted functionality and attributable code that collects this user data from your app or libraries used in your app, and when applicable to deactivate all non-compliant APKs.
    • To deactivate non-compliant APKS, you can create a new release and upload a compliant APK to each track containing the non-compliant APKs.
    • Be sure to increment the APK version code. If using staged rollout, be sure to set the release to 100% rollout.
For helpful resources, you can:

my Seetings at Google Play COnsole

1661588486201.png

hyagiz

I also got this message now for my app. I used also same settings like you did. Waiting for help too.

Asif

I imported the CSV but it still did not work and received followin message from google. Not sure what to do now.

Your app has been rejected and wasn't published due to the policy issue(s) listed below. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.

We reviewed your app’s Data safety form in Play Console and found discrepancies between it and how the app collects and shares user data. All apps are required to complete an accurate Data safety form that discloses their data collection and sharing practices - this is required even if your app does not collect any user data.
We detected user data transmitted off device that you have not disclosed in your app’s Data safety form as user data collected.
Issue details
  • APK 56: Policy Declaration - Data Safety Section: Device Or Other IDs Data Type - Device Or Other IDs (some common examples may include Advertising ID, Android ID, IMEI, BSSID)

Your app must be in compliance with this policy. If your app continues to be non-compliant after August 22, 2022, your app updates will be rejected and your app may face additional enforcement actions in the future.
Please make changes to align your app’s Data safety form with the app’s behavior. This can be done by either:
  • Updating your form in Play Console to declare collection of Data Types noted below; or
  • Removing unwanted functionality and attributable code that collects this user data from your app or libraries used in your app, and when applicable to deactivate all non-compliant APKs.
    • To deactivate non-compliant APKS, you can create a new release and upload a compliant APK to each track containing the non-compliant APKs.
    • Be sure to increment the APK version code. If using staged rollout, be sure to set the release to 100% rollout.
F

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I imported the CSV but it still did not work and received followin message from google. Not sure what to do now.

Issue details
  • APK 56: Policy Declaration - Data Safety Section: Device Or Other IDs Data Type - Device Or Other IDs (some common examples may include Advertising ID, Android ID, IMEI, BSSID)

F

open Data saftey form, attach screenshot of every step, we will double check for you

hyagiz

Issue details

F
worked for me. thank you.