App Removed - AppYet send users' installed packages information?

Pukos

In my app I use only feed modules to retrieve posts from my blog but I've been kicked off from playstore.

This is the email received:

Hi Developers at Xxx,

After review, XXX (Version Code 62), has been removed from Google Play because it violates our personal and sensitive information policy. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:

1. Read through the Personal and Sensitive Information article and make the necessary changes to your app. Your app is uploading users' installed packages information to https://www.mysite.it/wp-content without a prominent disclosure. Make sure to also post a privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Developer Console and from within thePlay distributed app itself.
  2. Make sure your app is compliant with the User Data policy and all other policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
  3. Sign in to your Play Console and upload the modified, policy compliant APK. Make sure to increment the version number of the APK.
  4. Submit your app.
Please help me, I'm in big trouble!

Last edited:

Pukos

Have you added privacy policy in your google play console app details?
Yes! It's a quite general disclaimer where I didn't mention that "my app is uploading users' installed packages information" that honestly is a bad thing to write.
After the first removal I had implemented a privacy policy section inside the app but again ti doesn't seem to be enough.

Google Policy ask me for "prominent disclosure and the user's knowledge and consent" but I cannot/want implement a popup to ask for consent!

So the question is: Why AppYet framework upload installed packages information ?!?!!? How can I avoid this?

Please, help me. Thank you

Last edited:

Pukos

This is the google policy requirement but it's impossible to be implemented with appyet tools. I tried to use the "what's new" popup but it could be dismissed with the back button and the app start to collect data even before user action so I think would be easier to find how appyet send user installed packages list to avoid this.

Prominent Disclosure Requirement

If your app collects and transmits personal or sensitive user data unrelated to functionality described prominently in the app’s listing on Google Play or in the app interface, then prior to the collection and transmission, it must prominently highlight how the user data will be used and have the user provide affirmative consent for such use.

Your in-app disclosure:
  • Must be within the app itself, not only in the Play listing or a website;
  • Must be displayed in the normal usage of the app and not require the user to navigate into a menu or settings;
  • Must describe the type of data being collected;
  • Must explain how the data will be used;
  • Cannot only be placed in a privacy policy or terms of service; and
  • Cannot be included with other disclosures unrelated to personal or sensitive data collection.
Your app’s request for consent:
  • Must present the consent dialog in a clear and unambiguous way;
  • Must require affirmative user action (e.g. tap to accept, tick a check-box, a verbal command, etc.) in order to accept;
  • Must not begin personal or sensitive data collection prior to obtaining affirmative consent;
  • Must not consider navigation away from the disclosure (including tapping away or pressing the back or home button) as consent; and
  • Must not utilize auto-dismissing or expiring messages.

Pukos

So nobody with a wordpress site and RSS Module has the same problem?
I really cannot understand how the app could send such personal information! It's just a "blog reader"!!

Please help me

Google is making life very difficult for us. I think it would be necessary for AppYet to make this "Privacy Policy" available at the beginning, when the app is always opened, and the user "Accepts" or "Do Not Accept". It could use a module equal to "What's New", except that it would open whenever the user opened the app.

Pukos

Google is making life very difficult for us. I think it would be necessary for AppYet to make this "Privacy Policy" available at the beginning, when the app is always opened, and the user "Accepts" or "Do Not Accept". It could use a module equal to "What's New", except that it would open whenever the user opened the app.
This would be great! Waiting for @appyet take care for this problem :(

Pukos

Let me say that @appyet support is shameful! Obviously I do not expect a safe solution to my problem, but at least one answer!
I have also given my support with the translation of the new version.

They earn from our apps and so it's like a paid service and it would be correct to have technical support!

djprmf

This is a problem in your end, not from AppYet.
Your website - or something installed in it - is uploading the installed packages information from the users to your server. You have two options: Or create a Privacy Policy that state that or remove that function from your website.

The Privacy Policy should also be created from your end and not AppYet. Its something that any webmaster that have a public website should address - and if you don't have one already, sorry be so "direct", but is your fault. :)