App Notifications no longer work

Patrick

Before the update my app would send a notification everytime a new podcast or blog was released to the designated content. After the update it no longer does this. I have the setting flipped on for notifications in the settings screen, but is there something else that needs to happen? Do I have to use firebase for notifications?

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Before the update my app would send a notification everytime a new podcast or blog was released to the designated content. After the update it no longer does this. I have the setting flipped on for notifications in the settings screen, but is there something else that needs to happen? Do I have to use firebase for notifications?
rebuild your app with latest template v3.1.40, and test again, report back if problem remains with your android OS version number

Patrick

Thank you for the quick response. Sorry, I thought I had the most updated version. The Notifications come through just fine but it's a blank white box. Notifications through Firebase use the correct image but notifications from the app itself display the white box. Any ideas on how I can fix that???

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
please attach screenshot to show the issues. it will help us troubleshot your issue

Mauroit

Notification not working anymore since (not sure) 3.1.26 or 3.1.40.
Not working means: not appearing till the app is manually opened.

Tested on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Android 6.0.1 and Huawei P10 Android 7.1

EDIT: actually on Android 6.0.1 notifications appeared one day after.

Last edited: