App Linking

LCallaghan84

Is there app linking in 3.1?

For example, like a link will open that certain part of the app

Link example: app:goto.module:Countdown (if that app has that section)

or app.goto.module:GUID

that way in a website I could link directly to open that module in the app
I hope you understand what I mean.

Shlomi

Very nice
I also like to add if it would be possible so I could write a page (web module) for that matter (Contact us) go to (my site) and by clicking the user will be desired to the page in the application

Hope you understand me

LCallaghan84

But was wondering if its enabled in the appyet system.

and how would I use it? like this? supernatural://{module id} or supernatural://{module name}

joseph raphael

But was wondering if its enabled in the appyet system.

and how would I use it? like this? supernatural://{module id} or supernatural://{module name}

It's not integrated in appyet, it should be custom for every app because if you have 2 appyet apps installed each should have a unique link name.

LCallaghan84

makes sense but could be possible to be added if the user wants it. the user can provide the a linkname.
with an if and else condition.

joseph raphael

makes sense but could be possible to be added if the user wants it. the user can provide the a linkname.
with an if and else condition.

one of the deep linking examples in Android, is the Google+ app. it catches any link that contains "//plus.google.com/" so your system will offer to open the link with the app "Google+" if installed.

It's a little difficult to integrate but I added to the list of 3.x requested features -> http://forum.appyet.com/index.php?threads/appyet-3-x-requested-features-list.27/

Arun Gulbadher

I like appyet. As far as customization is concerned.
But such functionality is not available in appyet.
But in andromo it is there. For example from one Web Content to another Web Content within the application itself one can create a hyperlink as per following example.

As an HTML hyperlink, this would be formatted as:

<a href="andromo://gallery25491">Visit Our Photo Gallery</a>

You can view the Custom Page's HTML source by clicking the "Source" button in the editor.

If you'd like to open the dashboard, you can specify the following:

andromo://dashboard

DarShaN PanDya

@Arun
How can you even compare Andromo with AppYet!
I've tried Andromo & I Seriously didn't liked it! :mad:

Wait for Updates!
Later or Sooner, AppYet will add these Requested Features! :)

Arun Gulbadher

I also like appyet more than andromo. It's your choice to like or not. But it has a feature which people are requesting on Appyet since a year (see this thread itself) and it's still not available.

Links to external webpages is working without adding intent-filer in the manifest file.
Why does a link like this one "
file:///android_asset/yourfile.html" is not working ?
Thanks !