Pro renewed on wrong app

grilledbacon32

Hi, I have two apps, and the pro renewal automatically renewed the wrong app. My pro users are seeing ads now. I tried to email support twice to get it changed but they have not replied. Anyone have suggestions on what I should do!? I need this fixed ASAP!!

Pro is on package - com.techtalk.mschussler
Needs to be moved to package - com.geekbytespro.mschussler

@appyet please help!

Thanks!

Last edited:
First of all, only Appyet team can help you about this. Second, I've a very bad news for you. I checked your app and let me tell you, there's high chances for your Google play developer account getting banned. You know why? We're not allowed to use other website's content without their permission. What you are doing is exactly that. The content that your app have is from different websites and I assume that you have no permission to use it. In that case, it's a clear violation of Google's terms. Check the terms and conditions in your developer account and you can even see examples of banned apps/accounts because they did exactly like you. I know this is a bad news for you but I just wanted to warn you. You can either take the risk and continue or unpublish your app before google take action. I can't tell whether they'll take action or not but it depends on your luck.

grilledbacon32

Yeah, I know they are the only ones that can do it. I have emailed multiple times and no response. Last time I had to post in here, and finally they fixed it. I have had it up for over 2 years and haven't had any problems, this is all based off of RSS feeds. If the sites didn't want their articles out they wouldn't have the RSS feed, right? I'm not being rude or a d#$k, just trying to see if that really is an issue. I'm getting annoyed with having to do with pro every time so I might just unpublish it anyway.

Yeah, I know they are the only ones that can do it. I have emailed multiple times and no response. Last time I had to post in here, and finally they fixed it. I have had it up for over 2 years and haven't had any problems, this is all based off of RSS feeds. If the sites didn't want their articles out they wouldn't have the RSS feed, right? I'm not being rude or a d#$k, just trying to see if that really is an issue. I'm getting annoyed with having to do with pro every time so I might just unpublish it anyway.
No you're wrong. "If the sites didn't want their articles out they wouldn't have the RSS feed, right?" Because they have rss feed and anybody can use it, it doesn't mean that we can monetize it or make profit out of it. Because it isn't our content to monetize. Even if sites don't have any problem, it's Google. We can expect their hammer anytime. If they give a warning first, then you may be able to escape. If not, ban will come and it's forever. Even using a logo of other companies in our apps can get us into trouble. If there wasn't any issue for 2 years, then you're lucky. It's not at all safe. But if you're ready to take the risk, then no problem, you can continue. I just let you know because ive seen this a lot and even in the developer console, it's explained with example of such apps they removed in the past.

grilledbacon32

No you're wrong. "If the sites didn't want their articles out they wouldn't have the RSS feed, right?" Because they have rss feed and anybody can use it, it doesn't mean that we can monetize it or make profit out of it. Because it isn't our content to monetize. Even if sites don't have any problem, it's Google. We can expect their hammer anytime. If they give a warning first, then you may be able to escape. If not, ban will come and it's forever. Even using a logo of other companies in our apps can get us into trouble. If there wasn't any issue for 2 years, then you're lucky. It's not at all safe. But if you're ready to take the risk, then no problem, you can continue. I just let you know because ive seen this a lot and even in the developer console, it's explained with example of such apps they removed in the past.

Cool, well I'm fine. If they ban it good for them. I'm not making shit off the apps anyway. Also the site seems to be dead seeing that I can't get a response from anyone. Working on getting my money back through PayPal. So really I couldn't care less, just keeping it out there from the few people that like to use it.

You're mistaken again. Appyet is not going to ban you. It's google. They're very strict. Once they ban somebody, it's a lifetime ban.Can't create another developer account in your lifetime

And I'll tell you what you can do until this is fixed. Update your pro app(which is showing ads now) with a feed module. And push that update to google play. Then, make a post in that feed informing your users of this technical glitch. And in the same post, give them the apk file of the current pro version and tell that they can use it until the issue is fixed!!

And if your current free version doesn't have pro features, then update the current free version with pro features in appyet. Don't publish in play store. Instead, give the apk file to your pro users and they'll be more than happy to have it!