Problem with Disqus Comments

Rich Woods

I'm trying to add the Disqus comments to my app. I added the short name that I use for the comments on my site. When I first try to load the comments, you have to sign in to comment. When I tap any of the sign in options, it allows me to enter my credentials from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., but after I enter them, it just goes to a loading screen and never loads.

Any time after that, whether I go back and try again or if I close the app and try again days later, it gives an error message. The title of the error message is CSRF verification failed. A message appears that says "There was an error submitting the form. If you're having difficulty, try repeating the action on http://disqus.com".

The only thing that I can think of is that it might be a problem with the short name, but I quadruple checked it. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I went into my Disqus settings and turned on allowing people to comment as a guest, and it actually works as a guess, so it's a problem with signing in?

Rich Woods

Disqus is not fully supported in AppYet because of API limitations

Thanks for responding. So it doesn't work for anyone? I saw in the forum that it was working for some people. It seems that people can comment as guests just fine. They just can't sign in. Is this something that they're still working on? Why is it even a feature if it doesn't work?

joseph raphael

Thanks for responding. So it doesn't work for anyone? I saw in the forum that it was working for some people. It seems that people can comment as guests just fine. They just can't sign in. Is this something that they're still working on? Why is it even a feature if it doesn't work?

yeah, that's why you shouldn't count on it... you can force the user to visit the website in order to comment.