[AppYet 3.x] Requested Features List

joseph raphael

Logo.png

List of Bugs & Features (requested by users from all over the forum) to be implemented/fixed in Future AppYet 3.x releases. All Gathered in one thread to keep track of them by every @appyet Dev release until the Final stable build released.

Any Implemented feature will be marked/scratched from the list with the version number added to it.

• Latest AppYet Stable Build Release -> 3.1.23
[Forum Module]

1- Attach Images to a Post

2- Add Text formatting

3- Add full RTL support [DONE! 1.0.14]

4- Emoticons in conversation [DONE! 1.0.12]

5- Click to download full picture resolution when on 3G connection.

6- Add floating reply button. [DONE! 3.1.12]

7- Notifications card/tab like Tapatalk, where you get notified about people liking your posts etc.

8- When you open a thread, it remembers the page you were last on; in the app [DONE!]

10- Show logged-in user profile pic and name at the top of left menu [DONE!]

11- Save log-in information [DONE!]

12- Watch (subscribe) forums [DONE!]

13- Jump to top/bottom of page

14- Ability to change password, email ID, avatar... etc

15- Support for Tapatalk forum "https" integration
[DONE! 3.1.0]

[Feed Module]

1- Improve App's Widget look and functions.

2- Ability to clean-up a specific "feed module" separate from others.

3- Ability to select a specific Feed for the "feed query module" [DONE!] - Solution HERE

4- Improve tablet's layout for a Magazine card view. [DONE! 3.1.1]

5- Disqus Comments Integration [Not possible Due to API Limitations]

6- Guided Notification - when a user click on a notification it opens the app and direct the user to the updated feed content automatically. [DONE! 3.1.15]

7- Fix Article's duplicating due to title change and update articles content. [DONE! 3.1.5]

8- Add an option to control the Default flag for "Make Favorites unread" on the settings. [DONE! 3.1.4]

9- Add Tapatalk Push Notification API support.

10- Keywords filtering - a feed query that Shows articles from feed modules that contains a certain keyword OR Hides article from feed modules that contains a certain keyword - Requested Here.

11- Home module - a feed query module that gathers all feeds content in one page with each feed title - Example Image

[Web Module]

1- Add a custom responsive "404 page" to replace Android's default "Page not Available". [DONE! 1.0.13 - Improved! 1.0.14]

2- Ability to upload file/files via webview. [DONE! 3.1.4]

3- Update in-app jQuery plug-in [DONE! 3.1.5]

4- Ability to remove menu options "Share link", the "Open in browser" and the "Copy link" from dropdown of web module.

[App UI]

1- xxxhdpi icons support (Module - Launcher - Notification). [DONE! 3.1.1]

2- Fix Notification icon issue - Reported Here. [DONE! 3.1.8]

3- Highlight the current active module on the left menu (ability to choose highlight color). [DONE! 3.1.12]

4- Ability to change the background color of the app overall. [DONE! 3.1.1]

5- Set Notification Bar Color for the "Settings" - "Explore" - "Downloads" - "Web-view New window" instead the default Black one. [DONE! 3.1.11]

6- Convert all App "Dialog boxes" to Material Design, Currently it is partially material, e.g. The translate box in feeds is a absolutely material but the box that appears when you press the three dots in forum post is system theme box.

7- Add reloading material design spinner when "refreshing/reloading web page" or on a "pull to refresh" action inside all modules. [DONE! 3.1.5]

8- Convert Left menu Drawer from "Holo style" to the new "Material Style" to fit the App's new design - Screenshots Here [DONE! 3.1.10]

9- Expendables menus and submenus.

10- Double Menu Left & Right

11- Improve widget functionality to include
use Web-view to display web pages on homescreen.

12- Add window color to "Recent apps" menu in Lollipop - Info here [DONE! 3.1.12]

13- Convert all menus and pop-ups inside the app to Light mode when Light theme is selected.

14- Improve Tablets UI, Dual-rows for the magazine layout style in tablets.

15- Expandable Notifications [DONE! 3.1.12]

16- Improve the Menu text and design -
Requested HERE

17- Ability to choose from Default Material Design colors in Themes options - More Details Here

[App Functionality]

1- Add In-App purchase to remove ads for PRO accounts.

2- Android TV support

3- Android Wear notifications support

4- Push Notifications

5- Public chat feature

6- Interstitial Ads. [DONE! 3.1.12]

7- Set a "Default Module Tab" for the App to show every time the user open the App (like a Homepage). [DONE! 3.1.12]

8- Audio Player Module.

9- Ability to disable all App's notifications by default. [DONE! 3.1.4]

10- Deep Linking for app's content "myappname://action" - Info Here

11- MapBox Module. [DONE! 3.1.15]

12- Rename Explorer Module - Ability to rename a feed after you have added a feed manually via the Explore function.

13- Add version and build numbers to each generated APK file name inside the ZIP file sent via email to users (com.appyet-1.X) to avoid
duplicate files.

14- Update About Page with [App icon + App version +
Optional text].

[Reported Bugs]

1- Fix blurry Images when click-to-view images in feed module - Image
library issue.

2- Forum RTL layout issue on Smartphones - Reported HERE

Last edited:

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Thanks Joseph for summarizing this feature request list. It is indeed getting harder for us to keep track of all.

We are wrapping up our current features, have sent out translation request. we want to get existing features stable, and push out a final v3.1 release as soon as we could. Many people are very eager wait for this release.

For any feature we could not implement in this up coming release, we will certainly consider them for the next version. so please continue submit your feature request and suggestions, they are extremely helpful.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
[Forum Module]

4- Emoticons in conversation.
Implemented, will be part of next 1.0.12 Dev Demo Release

8- When you open a thread, it remembers the page you were last on; in the app.
This feature is already supported in latest Dev Demo

9- Show logged-in user profile pic and name at the top of left menu.
We support mutiple forum in left menu, which requires multiple different logins, it will not be logical to show user profile info in left hidden menu.

9- Save log-in information.
This feature is already supported in latest Dev Demo, please let me konw if it doesn't work for you

10- Watch forums
Is this Subscribe feature? if so it is already supported, if not, please explain what is different between watch and subscribe

[Feed Module]

3- Ability to select a specific Feed for the "feed query module".
This feature is already supported, check out https://forum.appyet.com/index.php?threads/feed-query-only-rss-site.25/

6- Disqus Comments Integration
Many user has requested his feature. at this moment, Disqus api only allow 1000 calls per day. this limitation make native integration with Disqus impossible. their web base is not mobile friendly as of today

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
[Feed Module]

4- Add a padding or space between cards on the new Magazine card view.
Is this issue only happen in tablet? or also on the phone?

joseph raphael

[Feed Module]

4- Add a padding or space between cards on the new Magazine card view.
Is this issue only happen in tablet? or also on the phone?

Tablets only, the cards are too wide and so close to each other. I recommend tablet layout 2x cards in a row with a space between them.

joseph raphael

We are wrapping up our current features, have sent out translation request. we want to get existing features stable, and push out a final v3.1 release as soon as we could. Many people are very eager wait for this release.

For any feature we could not implement in this up coming release, we will certainly consider them for the next version. so please continue submit your feature request and suggestions, they are extremely helpful.

@appyet does this means you won't be adding any new features to any upcoming dev releases ? only bug fixes ?
P.S. could you please take a look at [Feed Module No.2], I really need it.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
No, we are still adding minor features on the way. it may still take weeks to make a final release. can you explain more about :

2- Ability to clean-up a specific Feed separate from others.

joseph raphael

can you explain more about : 2- Ability to clean-up a specific Feed separate from others.

@appyet Set the Two options to automatically auto-cleanup read and auto-cleanup unread feeds for each feed module individually, not to clean up all feeds together.

Feed%20Clean.gif

My issue is: I have 2 feeds, Feed for "Smartphones Specs" and another Feed for "News". I want to be able to auto-clean up the unread News feed every 4 weeks without touching or deleting any content (read or unread) from the Smartphones Specs feed. The feature is to make the user set this "Auto-clean up" option for each Feed Module separately in the website.

is it possible ?

danilodorgam

[module web]
I use quite the web module and lately I realized that if I do not have internet on my device the module will only show an error message, and most lay users will not understand.

My suggestion is: to offer a personalized page that appears when the user does not have data connection.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
[module web]
I use quite the web module and lately I realized that if I do not have internet on my device the module will only show an error message, and most lay users will not understand.

My suggestion is: to offer a personalized page that appears when the user does not have data connection.
Implemented, will be part of next release

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AppYet

radialapps

@Joseph, forum module #1 is NOT implemented in 1.0.12
What it really means that you should be able to upload images from the app, not that you should be able to see them.

Sent from my Aqua HD using AppYet

radialapps

@Joseph, also add this:
Make all dialog boxes material design. Currently, it is partially material.
eg. The translate box in feeds is a absolutely material but the box that appears when you press the three dots in forum post is system theme box.

alvarom1996

Can you implement the reloading pages style of Material Design? Sorry for my bad English

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 usando AppYet

joseph raphael

Can you implement the reloading pages style of Material Design? Sorry for my bad English

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 usando AppYet
@Joseph, forum module #1 is NOT implemented in 1.0.12
What it really means that you should be able to upload images from the app, not that you should be able to see them.

add Interstitial ad option, please...

@Joseph, also add this:
Make all dialog boxes material design. Currently, it is partially material.
eg. The translate box in feeds is a absolutely material but the box that appears when you press the three dots in forum post is system theme box.

All added to the list