App rejected my play store any idea why?

cyberpedz

So my app was rejected from the play store. I can not quite figure out why as I have another from here in the store with not problem.

Your app submission has been rejected for downloading, monetising or otherwise accessing YouTube videos in violation of the YouTube Terms of Service or YouTube API Terms of Service. If this submission was an update to an existing app, the version published prior to this update is still available in Google Play. Please modify your app and resubmit. Additional details have been sent to your account owner's email address

Apparently its something to do with YouTube but don't get exactly what the issue is.

This is the page/tab with videos on. This is a webview of our responsive site. Is it because we have AdSense on that page of the site am I not allowed to do that under YouTube rules? Or is it just within an app I am not allowed to have AdSense in there or is it just because I have a specific tab/link to the video page. Why can't they be a bit clearer. Screenshot_2015-03-05-23-25-48.png

ugy

I got the same rejection with the same reason from GooglePlay.
How did u manage to solve it?
I dont have any ad in my site.

Red-Black

NU1wSs2.png

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
This could be caused by the YouTube Api SDK come with appyet app. Appyet uses to allow in-app YouTube playback, it has been disabled due to concern it might get app ban by Google. But SDK still remain in the app. Will remove in future release.

Also we might consider disable all ads for feed module which contain YouTube feed, this is still a gray area, we are still not sure if it violent Google policy to show ads on feed module which contain YouTube feed. If anyone could help find out a firm answer ,it would be very helpful.

joseph raphael

This could be caused by the YouTube Api SDK come with appyet app. Appyet uses to allow in-app YouTube playback, it has been disabled due to concern it might get app ban by Google. But SDK still remain in the app. Will remove in future release.

Also we might consider disable all ads for feed module which contain YouTube feed, this is still a gray area, we are still not sure if it violent Google policy to show ads on feed module which contain YouTube feed. If anyone could help find out a firm answer ,it would be very helpful.

Here you go @appyet : https://developers.google.com/youtube/creating_monetizable_applications

1- Note: If the only reason people go to a page is to watch a video, you should not run ads on that page. If you don't know whether you can display ads on a page, consider whether you would still be able to sell the ad inventory if you removed the video and all references to the video from the page. If so, then you can probably display ads on the page.

2- You can also charge customers for using your application. However, please note that you cannot levy fees specifically for the ability to watch a video, upload a video or access any other API functionality.

3- Section III, paragraph 4 of the API Terms of Service provides the following explanation of prohibited commercial uses of the YouTube APIs:

You agree not to use the YouTube API for any of the following commercial uses unless You obtain YouTube's prior written approval:
  • the sale of the YouTube API, API Data, YouTube audiovisual content or related services, or access to any of the foregoing;
  • the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the YouTube audiovisual content or player; or
  • the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of the API Client containing YouTube audiovisual content, unless other content not obtained from YouTube appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.

Hope that helps

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Here you go @appyet : https://developers.google.com/youtube/creating_monetizable_applications

1- Note: If the only reason people go to a page is to watch a video, you should not run ads on that page. If you don't know whether you can display ads on a page, consider whether you would still be able to sell the ad inventory if you removed the video and all references to the video from the page. If so, then you can probably display ads on the page.

2- You can also charge customers for using your application. However, please note that you cannot levy fees specifically for the ability to watch a video, upload a video or access any other API functionality.

3- Section III, paragraph 4 of the API Terms of Service provides the following explanation of prohibited commercial uses of the YouTube APIs:

You agree not to use the YouTube API for any of the following commercial uses unless You obtain YouTube's prior written approval:
  • the sale of the YouTube API, API Data, YouTube audiovisual content or related services, or access to any of the foregoing;
  • the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the YouTube audiovisual content or player; or
  • the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of the API Client containing YouTube audiovisual content, unless other content not obtained from YouTube appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.

Hope that helps
Thanks @joseph raphael, does appyet application feed module contains YouTube feed violate any of above policy? If so, which specific statement?

beautiheart

Thanks @joseph raphael, does appyet application feed module contains YouTube feed violate any of above policy? If so, which specific statement?
i think so

You can show ads on pages that display content retrieved from the API if certain conditions are met. For example, you can let users enter a search query (or retrieve a standard YouTube feed, such as top-rated or most recent videos) and show ads on the search results page.

However, you cannot run advertisements on pages that play our video content unless there is a significant amount of other important content on the page, meaning that users come to the page to access other content besides the video. In that limited case, you can run ads as long as those ads are targeted to the other content on the page and not to the video or video metadata. For example, if your page displays a video with a news article, blog entry or user profile information, then you can display ads on the page as long as the ads are targeted to the article, blog entry or user profile data.

Note: If the only reason people go to a page is to watch a video, you should not run ads on that page. If you don't know whether you can display ads on a page, consider whether you would still be able to sell the ad inventory if you removed the video and all references to the video from the page. If so, then you can probably display ads on the page.

joseph raphael

Let me make it simple to you:

1- Giving the users the ability to display ads on YouTube modules MUST be disabled.
2- Apps that uses YouTube API CANNOT be offered as PAID Apps and cannot be monetized... ONLY IF the developer OWN the content copyright or connected to his Google account YouTube channel.
3- YouTube API + overlay Ads in the same app will lead to suspension.
4- If the user chose to add a YouTube module to his app, ALL monetizing options and libraries should be disabled upon building the app.
5- However, you can still charge the user for your services but He still cannot SELL his App on the market because the he/she doesn't own the copyright videos on his YouTube module.
6- I suggest making YouTube module for Pro users only to avoid anymore problems.
7- Users can still use the youtube module to display THEIR OWN channel content.

If there is any point that is not clear please point it out to me.

joseph raphael

Marco Aurélio

Hello guys! My app was also rejected by the Play Store. In my case my application is a feed of my page that has links downloads via torrent, but these links are visible in the blog, not on app . I did not understand the reason of rejection. The app is free but on my blog have a link to donation.

Rejection text:
(Your submission was rejected for violating the clause of paid and free content items of policy and section 3.5 of the Developer Distribution Agreement. If the submission contains an update of an existing app, the version published before the update is still available on Google Play. Adjust your form of payment and make a referral. Additional details to the email address of the account owner were sent.)