It's possible to add "Press once again to exit" feature or back to previous article list?

DjSeby

We use pretty much the back "button" on our devices... If we are in an article list and press "back" the app closes, but maybe we wanted to go back to previous list, not to our device home screen. If the "Press once again to exit" toast appear we will know that app it's going to close and we don't have to start the app again. Another solution would be that if you press back (when you're in article list) to take you to the first (default) module list and then you may exit with "back" button.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
We use pretty much the back "button" on our devices... If we are in an article list and press "back" the app closes, but maybe we wanted to go back to previous list, not to our device home screen. If the "Press once again to exit" toast appear we will know that app it's going to close and we don't have to start the app again. Another solution would be that if you press back (when you're in article list) to take you to the first (default) module list and then you may exit with "back" button.
previous implementation was when in article list, and user click on back button, Menu drawer will be displayed. when user press back again, app will be closed. some user don't want this feature, and asked to remove it.

DjSeby

Yes, now I remember that, but a little toaster it's more discreet :) Maybe an option to enable or disable that feature from builder page? Many times I wanted to stay in app but closed it with back from article list...

DjSeby

previous implementation was when in article list, and user click on back button, Menu drawer will be displayed. when user press back again, app will be closed. some user don't want this feature, and asked to remove it.

Again with my problem... It's possible to add (back) the quoted implementation with option to enable/disable it from the build page?

Who ask for that feature to be remove? We always want user to stay in our app more. See most apps do the same. I prefer to have "Press once again to exit" as well. Anyone one else like it?

Dain Binder

I like that the app exits on pressing the back button once from the feed list. The previous double back requirement was a bit annoying in my opinion. If you just open an app, then pressing the back button should take you out of it, not to the menu (the menu should only show when it is user initiated). We all want people to stay in our apps, but making a user complete an extra task like answering "are you sure you want to exit?" will annoy them. User experience is #1 in my opinion. Thank you @appyet for making the change.

[EDIT] Although, if in another menu area besides the default screen upon open, then the back button should take you back to the default screen, then a second back takes you out of the app.

Last edited:

Dain Binder

Although, if in another menu area besides the default screen upon open, then the back button should take you back to the default screen, then a second back takes you out of the app.

Last edited:
As a normal user, I'll just press home button if I want a quick exit instead of the back button. So the back button to go to menu is much better than throwing me out of the app when I'm viewing the app like in web module.

Dain Binder

As a normal user, I'll just press home button if I want a quick exit instead of the back button. So the back button to go to menu is much better than throwing me out of the app when I'm viewing the app like in web module.

I agree! While in a web module menu item the back button exit is bad. The back button should take you to the initial/default screen (usually the unread list), then a second back tap exits the app. The single back tap exit should only be from the default/first screen that shows on open.

DjSeby

But there is NO default screen from where the app exits... If we have several feeds or web moldules on the menu, it would be nice if I am on a feed list or web module with "back" to go on the default page and then exit (or like it was, to show me the menu)... instead, app exits... that's no "user experience" for me. That's why I asked the feature back, but with option to enable/disable it from the build page.