AppYet Latest Development Demo

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Cool, thanks, loving the new design :)

just wondering why the header image for the drawer is so small in height, I used 512x288 but in the app, the height looks less
Header image is fix height, it fit image using centercrop. We will introduced taller header in future release. But there will only be two height

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AppYet

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Latest v3.1.10 has been released to Production http://www.appyet.com
Check it out and report back any issue.

Changelog
----------
- Android: Fixed embeded Web Module top overlap by toolbar
- Android: Fixed Feed/Forum added using Explore module are not highlighted in Menu Drawer when selected
- Android: Menu Drawer: Hide GroupDivider when there are no items under that group
- Android: Fixed Crash on start on Android 4.*

SpiDeRBoY

Tnx for your best release.
Yesterday, when i build first new version of my app , everything looks good and i didn't see any problem in left menu. Persian worlds was rtl in menu and we see menu like this :
d503d17a1e68f2ad232f30b704025ef3.jpg

But today, when do some changes and install another release , the Persian words of menu moved to left side and no more rtl !
Look at this :
f3973e579c947a89b08b3ef56d6ed6ca.jpg

Please give us some help and fix this problem!
Thnx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434695428844.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434695428844.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1

Gamenology Media

We have implemented AppYet 3.1.10 on one of our apps. Can anyone test it out at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gametech.gnmedia and let us know if everything works? The version should be 1.05

Screenshot_2015-06-19-13-23-32.png Screenshot_2015-06-19-13-23-57.png Screenshot_2015-06-19-13-24-03.png Screenshot_2015-06-19-13-24-10.png

@appyet I am having trouble disabling ads in the app.

Capture.PNG

I try to untick all of them and press Save but they do not save. Can you fix this?

Also, we would like a separate English US and English UK setting as well as the ability to add copyright info in the About page. Thanks.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
We have implemented AppYet 3.1.10 on one of our apps. Can anyone test it out at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gametech.gnmedia and let us know if everything works? The version should be 1.05

View attachment 322 View attachment 323 View attachment 324 View attachment 325

@appyet I am having trouble disabling ads in the app.

View attachment 321

I try to untick all of them and press Save but they do not save. Can you fix this?

Also, we would like a separate English US and English UK setting as well as the ability to add copyright info in the About page. Thanks.
This problem is now fixed, you can untick all now

Gamenology Media

for now only Ad in Article Detail is mandatory with Lite, every other ad can be removed
That is okay. We just wouldn't want to upset our users with extra ads in our major update, the article ad screen is fine as it was always been there. Thank you for the quick fix.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Gamenology Media

for now only Ad in Article Detail is mandatory with Lite, every other ad can be removed

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm having a weird problem. I unticked all the ad options and I'm under the impression that the ads should only show in the article detail page, like in 3.1.8. When I was testing the app on my Galaxy tab 4 I don't see the ad in the article list, but on my Xperia M phone, I see the ads on the article list.

Screenshot_2015-06-19-19-42-13.png

So now I'm a bit confused. Is there a bug in the building system? It's running on appyet 3.1.11 the latest version. My phone is on 4.3 and my tablet is on 4.4.2 if that makes any difference.

Can you help me get the ads back to how it was in 3.1.8. You can test it yourself by going to the Play Store link I posted before or I can email you the apk. Waiting for your response. Thanks.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm having a weird problem. I unticked all the ad options and I'm under the impression that the ads should only show in the article detail page, like in 3.1.8. When I was testing the app on my Galaxy tab 4 I don't see the ad in the article list, but on my Xperia M phone, I see the ads on the article list.

View attachment 336

So now I'm a bit confused. Is there a bug in the building system? It's running on appyet 3.1.11 the latest version. My phone is on 4.3 and my tablet is on 4.4.2 if that makes any difference.

Can you help me get the ads back to how it was in 3.1.8. You can test it yourself by going to the Play Store link I posted before or I can email you the apk. Waiting for your response. Thanks.
have you rebuild and republish? if still do not work, try uninstall and reinstall

Gamenology Media

have you rebuild and republish? if still do not work, try uninstall and reinstall
Yes I did. I am running the same version on both phone and tablet. On the tablet the ad isn't there, on the phone it's there. I tried reinstalling, rebooting the phone.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

Marc

@appyet , let's see. I'll tell you, in just one post, which I think is missing:

1. Update the configuration menu icons (to Material Design):

View attachment 308

2. Fix the problem with the background color of notifications on Android 5.0 (put the color of the app bar, in this moment is always blue):

View attachment 306

3. When you put a widget and asks which module you want to appear in the widget. When no module is available, the text leaves you misconfigured. Could it out in the middle, both vertically and horizontally?

View attachment 309

4. But when there are other modules available, it costs a little look for one. Could you add, next to each option, its icon? It would not be bad, either, add a title bar at the top.

View attachment 311

5. And the finally improve: Please add a shadow below the title bar in all modules of the application, like Gmail. (Gmail, in the first screenshot, and Appyet, in the second).

View attachment 312 View attachment 313
Have a nice day!

Please, @appyet, fix all problems in the next release, and add this funtions, please:

- Function to disable some languages available in the application
- Ability to add a background image on the home screen of the application (the splash screen)
- Add the MapBox module (please !!!): https://www.mapbox.com/mapbox-android-sdk/

Very thanks!!

joseph raphael

Please, @appyet, fix all problems in the next release, and add this functions, please:

- Ability to add a background image on the home screen of the application (the splash screen)
- Add the MapBox module (please !!!): https://www.mapbox.com/mapbox-android-sdk/

Very thanks!!

I agree with all points, they are mostly good... except these two:

1- "Function to disable some languages available in the application" - removing all languages will only decrease the APK size by 500-600kb so it's not a big issue, you can set the default language from settings instead of choosing 'auto'.

2- "Please add a shadow below the title bar in all modules of the application, like Gmail." - I don't agree with this because the shadow will ruin the theme I made for my mobile webpages to fit with the style of the title bar so that it seems like they both are one (see screenshot below).

Screenshot_2015-05-29-17-27-45.png

Marc

1- "Function to disable some languages available in the application" - removing all languages will only decrease the APK size by 500-600kb so it's not a big issue, you can set the default language from settings instead of choosing 'auto'.

Currently, the titles of the modules and other elements have them translated into Catalan and Spanish. What I want is for display only these two because the others are not translated. I do not by size.

2- "Please add a shadow below the title bar in all modules of the application, like Gmail." - I don't agree with this because the shadow will ruin the theme I made for my mobile webpages to fit with the style of the title bar so that it seems like they both are one (see screenshot below).

Sure, I get it (congratulations because you have done a great assembly). Would be nice, then, to implement this function, but in the Theme section (web) would have to put a coach to say if you want a shadow or not.

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
Please, @appyet, fix all problems in the next release, and add this funtions, please:

Very thanks!!

- will making it configurable to hide language choice in Settings works? User will be default to a language during app install, and will not allow to change language.

- no plan to add background image to splash screen for now, device has many size and dimension, having background image, could cause issue

- we are looking into MapBox

joseph raphael

- will making it configurable to hide language choice in Settings works? User will be default to a language during app install, and will not allow to change language.

- no plan to add background image to splash screen for now, device has many size and dimension, having background image, could cause issue

- we are looking into MapBox

- I think this will fix the language issue he requested.
- Adding a background will increase the APK size, it has to be 2560 x 1600.

Marc

will making it configurable to hide language choice in Settings works? User will be default to a language during app install, and will not allow to change language.
My idea is that users can only select Catalan or Spanish. If you implement, I recommend that when only one language is enabled, the option to change the language is no longer available as an option (in Settings).

no plan to add background image to splash screen for now, device has many size and dimension, having background image, could cause issue
I undestand it. It would be nice that the notification bar (Android 5.0) turns the background color, currently it is black. And it would have to reduce the loading time of the application.

we are looking into MapBox
Thanks, I think it can be a great functionality.

I hope that in the next version, the problems I have sent back to you before, added to previous proposals, get fixed! :)