App Notification Trouble

Marstein

Hello, I noticed that news feed only comes through when one refreshes the app. This, in turn, causes lack of notifications showing up on the Android phone's tab.
Definitely, people won't really engage with an app that doesn't deliver notification or an app that requires manual refresh or sync every time they want to read...What can be done?

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
in Settings tab, there is "Sync Interval: ", what is your setting, app should background sync on that interval, and when new article is downloaded during background sync, notification should show. let us know if it is not working as expected

Marstein

Sync interval is set at 15 min, while it is also set to sync on startup. Automatic background sync is also on. Still, I have to refresh and wait like 7 seconds before it brings up news for a particular feed. I have to do it to each feed to receive update

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
tested, and working as expected. your app not returning any articles, uninstall and reinstall, and test

Marstein

tested, and working as expected. your app not returning any articles, uninstall and reinstall, and test
Before I made this problem known to you. I had tried to fix it myself. I uninstalled it and installed it. Same issue every time. We did test on various devices, same issue.

Marstein

I have done so and it is still the same thing. The articles aren't loading without me having to swipe down and refresh manually

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I have done so and it is still the same thing. The articles aren't loading without me having to swipe down and refresh manually
found your problem, all your feed take many second to return any data (too slow), we have extended our time for connection for the upcoming release to 10 seconds. and it still timeout for some of your feed. make sure your feed return data fast enough

Marstein

I was just about doing a screen record for you to see then I received your reply. Your claim makes it look like it a peculiar problem to my feed or Wordpress users at most. If this is indeed correct, how do you expect me to fix it? If no idea, I'll check. But I have checked for this before even making a complaint here

appyet

Support Team Member
Staff member
I was just about doing a screen record for you to see then I received your reply. Your claim makes it look like it a peculiar problem to my feed or Wordpress users at most. If this is indeed correct, how do you expect me to fix it? If no idea, I'll check. But I have checked for this before even making a complaint here
We will extend our timeout to 20 second, but all your feed take more than 10 second to return, which is extremely slow. If you are paid customer of Wordpress, make a support request to Wordpress to see how it could be resolved
so wait for next release, your issue should be fixed

Marstein

We will extend our timeout to 20 second, but all your feed take more than 10 second to return, which is extremely slow. If you are paid customer of Wordpress, make a support request to Wordpress to see how it could be resolved
so wait for next release, your issue should be fixed
Alright, thank you